Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are your favorite Goerz?

Re: What are your favorite Goerz?

240mm f9 Red Dot Artar Barrel @ f16, Kodak Ektachrome 5x7. This image was made in the mid 1990's, Digitized using a Canon 1ds and zoom lens on light table. So much has been lost in the process (contrast is too high, colors are off and ...), still it does offer some idea of what the Artar does..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bird of paradise, Kodak 64T-1.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	92228

Bernice

Very nice Jan. How does one explain the transition from in to out of focus in words when an image like this says so much..

Note the tonality and inviting quality to this image... even when transmitted via the web where so much has been lost in the process.

Bernice

With my 19" RD. I believe.

Scanned pt/pd print.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Redwood_4x10.jpg  

Very nice Bernice, the out of focus part of your image is still so smooth despite your post processing to get it on line. Colors do look good on my monitor.
    The advantage of a large format sheet of film does make it easier to make a smooth transition from sharp to a big blur, not sure we can credit the Goerz lenses for just that but we can try can't we?

Vaughn, i like that woody image a lot. the crop is nice and just shows that sticking to the formats we are using limits us a lot.

Another from my favorite 300 GR Dagor and much different from previous posts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mei & Bunker.jpg  

Really lovely Vaughn, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by karl french View Post
    Really lovely Vaughn, as usual.
    Thanks! Took it right after the one below of my boys. Very different lens...a 6.25" (159mm) Ex.Wide Angle Wollie. Also a pt/pd print. I think I may have not moved the camera for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WSBoysPC.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    With my 19" RD. I believe.

Scanned pt/pd print.
    That is wonderful. I haven't got a RD, but this makes me think it is vg, along with the taker.

I have four coated Dagors: 120mm, 6", 8.25", and 12" (on permanent loan from a friend).
    I fell in love with Dagors as a teenager from reading the Goerz catalog in my school library's very limited photography section. It was over 25 years before I actually bought one.
    The 120 was my first Dagor. It has no number on the rear element so I presume that it was one of the mismatched bastards sold by Burke and James after WW2. Even so, it does a beautiful job.
    I must have a vision problem, because I'm not bothered by focus shifts. Using a single element (FL=1.7X) does cause significant problems, of course.
    I am still missing the Dagor I would really like to have: a 10" for my 5x7 Kodak 2D. With it I believe that I could become a one camera/one lens photographer (the ideal).
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

i have the 19" dagor goerz, 14" dagor and the generic 9.8? gold dot polaroid... i mainly use the 14" as it seems to work in any situation from far landscapes to portraits, it seems to fit how i want to frame shot.

but... i dropped it, and have to fix shutter. lens is fine, it fell out of bag as the lens board had come loose.

it was quiet funny, it was the worst shot i had ever taken, after dropping lens, i almost got reversed over putting tripod on road behind car, hassled by a mad film maker whilst trying to compose, she was touching my tripod, and i had to almost yell at her! (i was in a state), and then none of the shots came out, and thats only half of it!

i am now using 19" as primary but still prefer the wider view.

i would like 12" coated.
    through a glass darkly...

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

correction its a 270mm (10.6")schnieder kreuznach g-clarion not an 250 polaroid, i have not used it yet, and after 2 years of sitting round, i had forgotten, all but the polaroid shutter name.
    through a glass darkly...