Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New55 film please

Re: New55 film please

Could someone tell me how much was the original Polaroid 55?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolasllasera View Post
    Could someone tell me how much was the original Polaroid 55?
    I believe the original Polaroid T55 film, was in the $6 range (per sheet).

Big advantage of the New55 film is that print and negative have the same speed. So you always get a good print and negative. With the Polaroid 55 film you had to choose.

All of the Type 55 Polaroid that I used from the Eighties into the late Nineties was right around $60 for a 20 sheet box.

People are still buying expired, questionable Type 55 on eBay for more than $10/sheet. It has recently sold as high as $250/box of 20.

In terms of the Kickstarter I don't think they'll fund. From what I have seen Kickstarter projects don't normally trend in a straight line. The successful ones get a big burst of funding at launch and another one before they close. The middle of the projects tends to be flat. I think they needed to get at least 50% in the first 48 hours to have a chance.

I hope I am wrong. I haven't pledged yet as I'm hoping to be able to go in for one of the larger tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    All of the Type 55 Polaroid that I used from the Eighties into the late Nineties was right around $60 for a 20 sheet box.
    That's vaguely what I remember (as a very casual user of type 55). Applying the CPI calculator, $60 in 1990 is equivalent to $108 today. So an extrapolated cost of about $5.40 per sheet today.

The rate of the last two days was very low, around $150 per day, slightly more, at least during the periods I watched. At that rate it would be impossible to meet the goals. Naturally this things are really impredictable and can pick momentum at any time. Sure hope they will.
    raul
    Quote Originally Posted by RHITMrB View Post

Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    I haven't pledged yet as I'm hoping to be able to go in for one of the larger tiers.
    You can always change your pledge amount up or down, and you don't actually pay the pledge until/unless the goal is met. If it doesn't meet the goal nobody pays in. Just an FYI in case someone's on the fence.

Question: do any Kickstarter projects that require large, expensive manufacturing succeed? It seems like the top projects are for video games - i.e. you just fund programmer's time. If the companies that actually manufacture things like frying pans, those MagicJack things you see on TV, etc. used Kickstarter I'd be surprised. You need a bigger business plan, a bigger dream, than just writing up a "wish list" based on something you cook in your backyard.

For the people who love type 55, I hope the Kickstarter funding is successful. It's a great option to have. But I'm also someone who wouldn't be interested if the price is above the $6-$7/sheet range. If I were making money with it commercially, or if I was a successful fine art photographer and type 55 were important to my creative process it might be alright.

Sorry, that was the average contribution. The average increase per day was around $2k.
    raul
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmartins View Post
    The rate of the last two days was very low, around $150 per day, slightly more, at least during the periods I watched. At that rate it would be impossible to meet the goals. Naturally this things are really impredictable and can pick momentum at any time. Sure hope they will.
    raul