Well, I tried out my home-made 4x5 this weekend and it works A1 !! 4x5 negatives are sure impressive - too bad all my Dektol was 7 years old ;-)

Having now dipped me wick in the LF oil, I have some more novice questions:

#1 - What do you use to hold your negatives for drying? I left mine in the combi rack and they took forever to dry but there isn't much border to clip on to.

#2 - What do you use to transport your LF camera, tripod, and "field supplies" on short trips? Somehow it doesn't seem right to carry film holders around in the daylight - was thinking of buying a super store shoulder bag to carry film holders, exposure meter, and small stuff. Don't know what to use for the camera except to put the tripod over my shoulder and motor....

#3 - On two out of six negatives (in 3 film holders), I had a lighter stripe along one long edge and up one end, about 1/4" wide that looks like light leakage - it was remarkedly uniform for leakage..... I have only shot 1 negative from each position so I don't know if the problem is the holder(s). What else could it be?

I'm really happy with my cherry wood camera and look forward to exposing more film!