Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The MOD54 Mk27 Trailer.

Re: The MOD54 Mk27 Trailer.

I only do Rodinal 1:100 stand with the MOD54 so agitation is minimal. I processed 50 sheets 4 sheets at a time over the Easter weekend from a recent New Mexico trip and only one sheet got ruin because it jumped and the emulsion side got stuck onto another sheet. The tension of the inner sheet is high enough that when I open the tank one side of the inner sheet will be on the middle slot. That said I will still get the upgrade because my current version is also scratching the negs at times. Just to rule out misloading after 5 minutes in the fixer I opened the tank and set the 4 sheets backs in their position and proceeded to fix for another 3 minutes with 2 gentle 10 minute inversions. I opened up the tank and as expected the inner sheets jumped. While I do not use it for 6 sheets it is perfectly fine for 4 and since Rodinal stand development is cheap I can live with it.

By the way I don't get any fog or streaks. The MOD works very well but just not 6 sheets as advertised based on having using it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by John NYC View Post
    I ordered one today. The taco method with hairbands in a Patterson screwed up on me one too many times.
    John,

Where did you order it from? Will B&H have it, or did you order it from Europe?
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    John,

Where did you order it from? Will B&H have it, or did you order it from Europe?
    I ordered it from his website. But it was a pre-order. I don't think he has started shipping yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayt View Post
    By the way I don't get any fog or streaks. The MOD works very well but just not 6 sheets as advertised based on having using it a lot.
    Funny, I don't have problems with mine

I can now consistently do 6 sheets (HP5) at a time - without the film slipping out of their grooves.

Had to learn not to agitate quite so vigorously, I now use something much more like a gentle rolling/tumbling action than I used to.

My biggest problem is loading it, which has more to do with my dexterity (or lack of it) than any design shortcomings.

I'm glad Morgan has decided to make the things out of Polypropylene, as it will be a lot stronger/much more drop-able than the current Acrylic unit

Martin

I pre-ordered a long time ago, have received updates, and today just got a ship notice.....excellent service!

Will shortly be processing that stack of 4x5 in the fridge that's already been shot.