Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where Can I get a Sinar P (older model) from?

Re: Where Can I get a Sinar P (older model) from?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_4514 View Post
    Raffay, the seller wants payment through Western Union because he does not want Pay Pal reversing the charges on him. Many if most sellers would outright refuse to sell to a buyer in Pakistan because, sadly, the region has a rather unsavory reputation.

I don't see any reason to distrust the seller, but of course I have no way of knowing.

Mike
    I know we Pakistanis have earned quite a reputation The only reason I am a little reluctant with western union and an unknown seller is because I have had a bad experience. What I have learnt from my experience is that if the deal is too good to be true as in this case then you need to a extra careful. I mean currently the camera is for 131 US Dollars, although it might go up as there is still time before the bidding ends, and then as Ken pointed out the P2 is 13 pounds and the seller is saying that shipping to Pakistan will only be 57 Euros, imagine if I can manage a camera between 200 and 250 US Dollars, what else do I want...but thats the very thing that is making me a little nervous, I am sure the seller might also have the same feeling from a Pakistani buyer. But in the end it will be me who will have to take that chance...

Cheers

Raffay

I just weighed the camera. And I may need to review my look on my own strength It weighs under 10 kg, as Ken Lee pointed out, which will reduce the shipping cost to around 150 US$. I'll send you some pictures tonight, Raffay

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    Is the P2 still in production, if yes any idea what is costs?

Cheers

Raffay

Quote Originally Posted by DavyG View Post
    I just weighed the camera. And I may need to review my look on my own strength It weighs under 10 kg, as Ken Lee pointed out, which will reduce the shipping cost to around 150 US$. I'll send you some pictures tonight, Raffay
    When will you post the pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffay View Post
    I know we Pakistanis have earned quite a reputation The only reason I am a little reluctant with western union and an unknown seller is because I have had a bad experience. What I have learnt from my experience is that if the deal is too good to be true as in this case then you need to a extra careful. I mean currently the camera is for 131 US Dollars, although it might go up as there is still time before the bidding ends, and then as Ken pointed out the P2 is 13 pounds and the seller is saying that shipping to Pakistan will only be 57 Euros, imagine if I can manage a camera between 200 and 250 US Dollars, what else do I want...but thats the very thing that is making me a little nervous, I am sure the seller might also have the same feeling from a Pakistani buyer. But in the end it will be me who will have to take that chance...

Cheers

Raffay

That looked like a nice Sinar P 4x5 that sold for the relatively low price of $400 US. No seller in the West is going to accept PayPal or credit cards for a shipment to Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Barlow View Post
    No seller in the West is going to accept PayPal or credit cards for a shipment to Pakistan.
    Not entirely true

Raffay,

You ask if the P2 is still in production. In theory - yes. It's still listed on the Sinar website (www.sinar.ch). Finding someone who stocks them is something else. There are dealers listed on the website, including one in Karachi (SMI Photo Systems), but I'm sure they are concentrated on the digital products.

Besides, you were looking for a used P. There appear to be a lot of used Sinars in Europe. I hope you can find a seller willing to ship to Pakistan.

Hello Flynn, I checked with Sinar and they are saying that it is out of production now, and the best way to find it, would be to check in the used market. I checked with SMI and as you mentioned all the dealers are more geared towards digital, they say they have one in used, but are reluctant to give a price, I am not sure why.

I was hoping I could find something outside of ebay, but I guess there is little choice.

Cheers

Raffay

Quote Originally Posted by DavyG View Post
    I'll send you some pictures tonight, Raffay
    Hi DavyG, hope you are well, believe you got busy with something, just wanted to let you know that I am waiting for those pictures

Cheers

Raffay

No idea how to bump someone for a reply