Thread: Bag bellows for a Gandolfi Variant

Bag bellows for a Gandolfi Variant

Hi all
    I'm considering investing in a bag bellow for my Gandolfi camera. I've been looking around for something, but everything seems to be made for either Cambo, Sinar or one of the other "popular brands" in LF.
    The openings for the bellows in my camera are ca 187*187 mm and 129*129 mm (that is about 7,3 and 5 in inches).

Do any other cameras have openings of that size?
    Or should I simply give up (unless I want to make my own bellows, of course) and get a couple of recessed lens boards insted?

Re: Bag bellows for a Gandolfi Variant

Try calling these folks. Their website doesn't seem too up to date but they sell gandolfis and they say they represent the bellows maker for all the major european view camera companies.
    -Chris

Hi,

could you find out where to get a bellow for the gandolfi variant? I really need one :/

Thanks,

http://www.custombellows.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by jan.ho View Post
    Hi,

could you find out where to get a bellow for the gandolfi variant? I really need one :/

Thanks,

and yes

custom bellows are probably the 'way to go' albeit not the cheapest

but do not forget that Gandolfi's are no longer being made, this being the case for quite a few years

rgds

andrew

Custom bellows used to make the bellows for gandolfi , they should have all the specs and frames to make a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by aluncrockford View Post
    Custom bellows used to make the bellows for gandolfi , they should have all the specs and frames to make a replacement
    They should have, but apparently they don't. Last year I contacted them about making a bellows for my Whole Plate Gandolfi. The indicated that I would have to ship them the frames so they could size it. I thought it was too risky to ship the things overseas (if they got lost I wouldn't know how to fit a new one), so had them made at Western Bellows in California. While it wasn't quick, it works great.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)