Page 75 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Collodion - Wet Plate Images

Re: Collodion - Wet Plate Images

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I think you mean tinted... Though I suppose if you lick them they could be tainted
    That is so funny!!!
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P Pigeon CU A .jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	105982Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P Pigeon full A.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	105983

Here are a couple of images from a magazine cover shoot yesterday. They're whole plate black glass shot using a Euryscop series 4 #3.

The cover story is about the 100th anniversary of the extinction of the passenger pigeon.

Photojournalist/Artist Poseur guyatou's Avatar

Tri --

What a great portfolio of work! I'm really drawn to your wet plate images on Cobalt/Emerald glass. Is that something that you create yourself, or do you buy the glass already tinted/stained?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Dudenbostel View Post

Name:	P Pigeon CU A .jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	105982Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P Pigeon full A.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	105983

Here are a couple of images from a magazine cover shoot yesterday. They're whole plate black glass shot using a Euryscop series 4 #3.

The cover story is about the 100th anniversary of the extinction of the passenger pigeon.
    Very cool!

What's a passenger pigeon and why did they die out? I can't imagine a pigeon dying out anywhere.

Andrew Moxom

Here is my latest plate shot in my studio during filming for a TV segment called MN Original.

Brittany . Shot with Deardorff Commercial View and 16" Wollensak Vitax lens.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	106003

Passenger pigeons were hunted to extinction one hundred years ago next year. Stories have it that they were in such great numbers that the sky would turn black when they flew over and flocks were so late it could take an hour or more to pass. Now there are no more.

Passenger pigeons were hunted to extinction one hundred years ago next year. Stories have it that they were in such great numbers that the sky would turn black when they flew over and flocks were so late it could take an hour or more to pass. Now there are no more.
    I know nothing: I'm from Barcelona... to quote Manuel from Faulty towers..

But I have read these pigeons travelled every year, and being so many, people just poilted their rifles up, and shot at random... thus make a beautiful specimen extinct in a few years...

(I'm actually from Denmark, but I read about this many years ago... such a shame)

First time I have seen an actual traveller pigeon on image - thanks for that!

Wow, strange, I wonder what that affected in terms of the world (butterfly effect) could be the cause of global warming LOL

Sad though, I'm surprised regular street pigeons (they are somehow different?) weren't also killed off.

I could see carrier pigeons being saved though.

I'm going to have to read more, this is fascinating (sad too).

The sport of shooting skeet, and the term "clay pigeons" came about after they were all gone. They were used in pigeon pie, early canned meat, etc. Their extinction is (used to be) the icon of how humans can change nature in a very short time.

I guess most don't realize we noe have hundreds of species go extinct every year, more in a few years than any other time since the asteroid killed the dinosaurs 65 Million years ago. By the time we are old, or our kids are old, there will just be a few remnant species in the oceans and on the land. No one wants to hear that, or think about it.

I did some research on the passenger pigeon before doing the shoot. I like to know as much as I can before going into a shoot, subject alive or stuffed. There is a group of scientists that believe they can bring the birds back. There apparently are a number of specamins in the museum of natural history in NYC and a few other museums that have intact genetic material. Not complete in any one specamin but they believe they can splice parts together and produce a viable animal. It's a bit more complex than my description but they think given the funds they can do it. They also believe the species will not survive in the wild. Habitat and food supply have changes in the past hundred years and they would go extinct anyway.

I can just see a Frankenstine pigeon with electrodes on its neck. ;<)