... angle indicators !
I need an angle indicator, for tilt-angle measurements on my LF camera, and for levelling my tripod, as I consider that an angle indicator is more accurate than a simple vial level.

Finally, I found one on a web site in Chicago, I don't give name.
Description of the protractor :
<ul>
<li> housing is molded high-impact plastic,
<li> base edges are 3" length x 3 1/2" height,
<li> a 4" diameter dial, and one vial,
<li> four quadrants from 0 to 90°, accuracy ±0.5°,
<li> a magnetic base to fix it on ferrous surfaces.
</ul>
Price seems not so expensive : $17.44.

I must add that I live in France, near Paris.

Well, I finally ordered two items of it, I gave my credit card number, shipping address... all was OK.

Yesterday, I received the following e-mail (I quote it integrally) :
"The part number 20025A36 is magnetic, and therefore is classified as hazardous material. We do not ship this item when the final destination is outside the United States. This order has been cancelled. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
I answered that it was IMHO totally stupid, and that I didn't understand why a 3" magnetic base was an hazardous material, as if it could put out of order the navigation instruments of a plane, or fool the compass.
The second answer was in the same tone as the first one : "As stupid as it may seem, it is what it is. We do not export this item either by air or ocean."

What do you think about that ? Do you think that such an instrument is a strategic one, or maybe a secret weapon ?
Is it current to have orders cancelled with such explanations ?

Last, but not least : Help ! how could I order these angle indicators ?

Best regards,