I recently read the following article
Slow Seeing-How a "rephotography" project taught me to go beyond looking By Rebecca Solnit I found the article interesting and thought some of you might too. Being a LF landscape photographer I found myself agreeing with much that was said. My favorite sentence in the article was "Painters, photographers, fishers, and birdwatchers, among others, seem to have developed their pursuits in part as sidelong strategies to do nothing, to be in a place long enough to see it."
I myself was first drawn to the landscape before I started photographing it. Over time I did find my photography as a way of being more often in the natural landscape, to better experience and see it better. To those of you who pursue landscape photography which came first - being drawn to the landscape and later combining it with photography, or was it first photography and later combining it with the landscape? Have any of you done any photographic projects that during/after completion gave you a greater insight into seeing the landscape?