Hello everyone!

Up to now I shot IR rollfilm with my Hasselblad. And luckily I do have Efke 820 IR rollfilm stocked. But anyway, although still quite new to LF, I would like to prepare and be ready to use my LF equipment for IR, too. I suppose the bellows of Arca Swiss Metric (171) will be safe (can anyone confirm this?) but probably this camera is not exactly what I will enjoy to carry around in the field, so in most cases it will have to be my little much respected Chamonix.

After reading this thread it is however very obvious that the universal bellows of the Chamonix 45N-2 is not safe for IR use. My special thanks to Vinny for establishing this fact without any doubt!

Two questions remain:

1) Can anybody say for sure (that is from practice) that the original Chamonix wide angle bellows (made of supple leather) is safe for IR? I know leather should be, but there are also the frames, and I'd just like to know for certain.

2) Which is the exact model of the Shen Hao bellows that could replace the Chamonix 45N-2 universal bellows for IR work? And is it of the same type or is it shorter?

Many thanks,