Hi everyone

So I'm going on a road trip this summer with a bunch of other kids. It's going to be a coast to coast kind of thing, maybe 7000 miles all told, sleeping in tents, CB radios, adventure, being dirty, America, that kind of thing.

I am bringing my horseman 4x5 monorail. Probably the main reason I'm excited about this trip is to shoot photos. I've got a 150 and 300 lens, and at some point I have to bite the bullet and get a wide angle, probably a 75, they're just so expensive... but, not like they're getting any cheaper, so I may buy one before the trip.

So basically, I'm looking for any advice people might have. I just bought 300 sheets of FP4 (kindof my standard film, but I'm not really that particular), but I think I will need to buy more, seeing as I just went through about 40 sheets yesterday. (Film goes real fast when you don't have classes!). So lets say I have maybe 600 sheets just to be safe. I have 9 holders, an OK tripod, a nice backpack (lowepro photo trekker), a good light meter, etc. I have a changing bag, that I really don't like useing, but I don't think I'll really have a choice.

So those of you that have done something like this, what should I watch out for? Keeping track off all that film, keeping it safe, etc, is a concern. I can just imaging what a disaster it would be if somehow a box opened up, or I lost track of which film had been exposed, etc. I kindof toyed with the idea of bringing little bottles of chemicals and doing processing on the trip, but that seems misguided at best. I'm going to resign myself to developing film for a while once I get back.

I'm going to be in NYC this weekend, so if there are any gadgets, stuff like that I should get at B&H or Adorama, that would also be appreciated.

Also, I think I'll be dealing with fairly extreme conditions -- deserts, mountain passes, etc. The whole thing will only take 3 weeks, so hopefully my film will hold up fine.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks a lot!

-Tadge

http://tadge.net