Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Bill Schwabs Kickstarter Project

Re: Bill Schwabs Kickstarter Project

OK! Here we go!

Construction starts tomorrow morning on the building! It's been a long time coming, but the snow finally melted and the building site has been cleared and prepared. It's been a big job so far, but we're ready to go!

A little video of the prepared site... http://youtu.be/T01nGO-vt1g

With all luck on our side, the exterior construction should take about 2 weeks and we'll be dedicating the place at this year's Photostock 2013 gathering. I'm happy to report that registrations are now open and being accepted at the www.photostock2013.com website! The event will be held from June 20 - 23rd with the planned dedication and open house on the 22nd.

This year it is a free event, but as in years past, I am offering an optional, paid registration that comes with an original silver gelatin print of mine. It's a great way to get a print at a reduced rate while helping facilitate the event with your payment.

http://www.photostock2013.com

Hope to see you there!

Bill
    I think we're going to make it!

An update on the construction project. What a ride it has been. We're finally nearing the completion of the exterior. Today the roof wads completed and doors hung, tomorrow the soffits and siding begin. We're getting closer every day!

Hello!

People here on LFF were very helpful in getting the first phase of this project completed and I wanted to post an update on the workshop. It's been awhile and things are progressing nicely. And, even though the interior is still under construction and I am considering further fundraising to get the place completed, we've already held 5 workshops there with instructors such as Clay Harmon, Holly Roberts, Eliot Dudik and Meg Griffiths.

Although the original Kickstarter goal of completing the shell of the structure was completed over a year ago, work has been ongoing on the interior. Plumbing, electrical, drywall, etc. I've been steadily moving forward on my own and honing my building skills. All rough electrical and plumbing work is complete as are the walls for the darkroom, utility and bathroom. I have just this week completed painting the walls, installing doors, etc. Although my original goal was to have the darkroom functional by this summer, the wicked winter we had made for delays. Add to that the crush of the Photostock Festival and I had to revise that goal to this Fall. I am on track for that and should have things functional, though not fully complete, by October.

It's been a long road since pressing the "go" button on the Kickstarter a year and a half ago, but it is been a great ride. It has already become a really cool place and I plan to have it finished and ready for a full schedule of workshops in 2015.

Please have a look at some of the progress photos and stay tuned!

Thank You! Bill

Rough Walls

Finished wall - Main workroom

Darkroom

Darkroom

Smokin'!!!!
    I feel like this $ was well invested.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Ummm... Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Smokin'!!!!
    I feel like this $ was well invested.
    Indeed!

Bill,

It looks like you need a much larger drive wheel on that press. It helps produce a smooth motion of the wheels, resulting in a better impression.

http://www.go2marine.com/product/869...model-530.html

I got one of those and made an adapter for my Conrad. It looks like you may already have a suitable adapter, just make sure it has the right size hub and keyway.

---Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-photostock-an

Anything Bill does is IMO a good investment. I kicked in. How about you all?
    From forum's guidelines :Kickstarter projects that relate to photography may be announced once, and once only, in the Kickstarter Announcements section. All subsequent discussion of that Kickstarter campaign must be confined to that thread.

Bill, looks like things are progressing nicely, keep up the good work. Hopefully I'll make it out one day.

Roger

Zebra

Quote Originally Posted by hoffner View Post
    From forum's guidelines :Kickstarter projects that relate to photography may be announced once, and once only, in the Kickstarter Announcements section. All subsequent discussion of that Kickstarter campaign must be confined to that thread.
    Must have been a tough day to have that Hall Monitor hat taken from you when you graduated 8th grade. I feel for your loss.

Monty

Quote Originally Posted by Monty McCutchen View Post
    Must have been a tough day to have that Hall Monitor hat taken from you when you graduated 8th grade. I feel for your loss.

Monty
    I feel sorry for you if you don't understand the reason why it is better to have all Kickstarter threads gathered in one subforum instead of free-flying in wrong directories. Does that guideline go over your head?