Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Schwabs Kickstarter Project

Re: Bill Schwabs Kickstarter Project

Hello Everyone!

Success!

I owe you all a huge THANK YOU!! for all of your support throughout this last month. This has been one of the most intense and incredible experiences I've ever had. I can't tell you how much it means that a large amount of support came from this LFF community. That speaks loud and clear about the people here and I am extremely grateful to everyone that helped out and kept spreading the word.

We're seriously going to build a workshop!!

Stay tuned as there is much more to come. I'll be documenting every step of the way in the updates that will come through Kickstarter as well as my own newsletter. You can add your email Here if you'd like to get on that list as well. I will also do my best to post updates in this thread.

So begins the task of pulling it all together. I am heading up to the property tomorrow morning to see that all of the staking is done correctly. Measure twice, build once. I am also meeting with the builder and excavator to pay deposits and get scheduled. I've been told there will be no problem starting construction as soon as the snow melts and that we should have a completed structure soon after.

This is going to be exciting and I hope you'll stick with me and follow along.

Thank you again!!

Bill
    I think we're going to make it!

Zebra

Congrats Bill. Great to see people such as yourself along with all those here that contributed that were in a position to support and get behind a great project for the future of photography in all its various forms. I know I'm proud to have been a part as I'm sure others are as well. Can't wait to see the new building up and spreading the photography gospel!

best,

Monty

Quote Originally Posted by Monty McCutchen View Post
    ...in a position to support and get behind a great project for the future of photography in all its various forms.
    You've said it far better than I, Monty. Congratulations to everyone for stepping up and taking this to the next level. It's restored my faith in what we all do and I am eager to keep up my part of the bargain and focus this into one of the finer places to come develop and hone your skills. Because of all of you, the future is looking bright. Your passion and enthusiasm is contagious and has drawn the attention of some very influential people in our world equally interested in a bright future. Together we're capable of some really great things and I think we've only just started.

Kevin Kolosky

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten View Post
    Yo Michael,
    Keep is informed. What is your new neighborhood.
    Dave, Just spotted this post... I'm in Sacramento, but will be moving closer to the Bay area this spring/summer once my wife is out here. Then, hopefully, settle in for a while and get a darkroom going again.

Bill, congratulations on the success. It couldn't come to a better person, and in the end, the larger photo community benefits, which is a great thing indeed.

---Michael

Hello All,

Thought I'd post a quick update and photo of the site as of Sunday, April 6th. We were still getting snow storms into the last week which suspended the planned start a bit, but not too bad. It is Northern Michigan after all and it was a bit too much to think that I could break ground before April.

I am happy to report that the crew clearing the trees you see marked in this photo called today and all trees are down. Tomorrow the stumps are to be removed and then some fill brought in to elevate and level the site. We'll now have to wait until the county lifts the spring weight restrictions on the roads before this happens, but I wanted to let you know that progress is finally being made. We're on the way!

Bill

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	building_site_4_6_2013_smaller.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	199.7 KB 
ID:	93015

Thanks for the update Bill. Aren't you in Iceland or somewhere right now?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Thanks for the update Bill. Aren't you in Iceland or somewhere right now?
    I'll be leaving for the Faroe Islands in a little over a week, Kirk. Back the 3rd of May... just about the time construction should start. I'll keep the thread posted.

And thanks again to everyone who helped out!

Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    I'll be leaving for the Faroe Islands in a little over a week, Kirk. Back the 3rd of May... just about the time construction should start. I'll keep the thread posted.

And thanks again to everyone who helped out!
    Have a great trip Bill! I'm very jealous!

That said I start a 3-day photogravure workshop this morning so I'm grinning ear to ear right now...

Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    That said I start a 3-day photogravure workshop this morning so I'm grinning ear to ear right now...
    Excellent. Here's to hoping you have a great time. You're going to love the process.