Page 10 of 130 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiny Format Portraits

Re: Tiny Format Portraits

Don,

This collection of photos by your father are excellent. As a former government military historian, I recommend doing a Google search of Army history organizations. They might be very interested in a establishing and archiving a permanent collection of prints in your father's name. Of course, they would prefer the originals. Either way, his photos would be available for use by researchers--and also available for viewing by his and your descendents.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by chrism View Post
    Hasselblad 500c, 150mm, XP2, Rodinal, X1 scans.

Chris
    Great portrait Chris - could you share details of your XP2-Rodinal process ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Quan View Post
    One silver umbrella high camera right. This is shot on digital and I cannot wait to start shooting film again, possibly as soon as this week.

You did offer this guy a print, right?
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Graves View Post
    You did offer this guy a print, right?
    He commisioned me to do a series of personal portraits, some that he had seen in magazines and some I came up with on the spot. He was very pleased with the results.

“Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile!”
    ― Robert Doisneau”

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    I would like to offer some critique here, I really would, but the model is so dang gorgeous I can't think of anything to say...

This is an interesting gal; she speaks like 5+ languages and is SUPER smart. I only had the good fortune to work with her for a short time but learned she is pretty awesome. And it was always great fun watching and occasionally mocking the gents playing for her.
    “Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that made you smile!”
    ― Robert Doisneau”

Thanks Keith, I really hadnt thought that far ahead. I've been in possession of the negs for twenty five years and just getting around to scanning them.

I've done exactly what you've suggested with my documentary work. I worked an arrangement with a museum that is taking possession of about 100,000 of my negatives documenting obscure practices of Appalachian culture over the past sixty years. They've established a special collection for educational study.

Great idea, thanks.

Hitting rocks.

Took this today. Colleagues of mine who will be moving on to a new job. I've been shooting family photos for them for a couple of years. Sad to see them go! Figured I would shoot a little film today as well.

Contax Super Ikonta w/ 80mm f/2.8 Tessar, one flash camera right for fill, Plus-X, Acufine:
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

img935 by philbrookjason, on Flickr

At the Colossus computer at Bletchley Park. This gentleman was nicely lit by warm spring sun coming through the doorway while he discussed the history and function of colossus and demonstrated it in operation. April 2015, Rolleiflex automat tessar

JP: just wanted to say that you have been posting high quality images on a number of threads, I just really enjoy your work. (Of course, the ultimate synthesis would be to plant this fine gentleman in the snowy woods and photograph the combination in soft focus !)