Page 424 of 655 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 6546

Thread: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Vancouver (Burnaby), BC, Canada & Hong Kong, HK

Re: Use of X-ray film: technical discussion with example images

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dake View Post
    I can't read Chinese although I work with a team in China who could probably translate it.
    In the mean time I cheated and used my phone to translate from the picture.
    The first lines basically says something about medical use X-ray standard dental film and the bottom line is the name of the manufacturer which is...
    Tianjin Kang Chinese Health Materials Ltd

Good luck
    I was going to reply and say exactly this. Top line just says Dental X-Ray Film and the bottom line is the company of manufacture. No indication of ISO or processing instructions in Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Harding View Post
    I was going to reply and say exactly this. Top line just says Dental X-Ray Film and the bottom line is the company of manufacture. No indication of ISO or processing instructions in Chinese.
    Don't expect to see ISO information. It's not photographic film; why would it have a speed rating using a standard applicable only to photography?

As to the packaging, the Carestream products available in the US & Europe come in a pasteboard box with a thick, opaque, plastic inner bag. Certainly no lead.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

seezee at Mercury Photo Bureau
    seezee on Flickr
    seezee's day-job at Messenger Web Design

Vancouver (Burnaby), BC, Canada & Hong Kong, HK

Quote Originally Posted by seezee View Post
    Don't expect to see ISO information. It's not photographic film; why would it have a speed rating using a standard applicable only to photography?
    I used incorrect terminology but was merely attempting to respond to the original question of "If the packet colours do not follow international standards to denote the speed band I have to look at the packaging." Should have stated speed band, I suppose.

For medical purposes I believe the correct exposure is given thus: Anode voltage & current flow in the X ray tube + time.
    Where sensitivity to X radiation is concerned the difference between bands D and F is that F is only 60% faster. For my purposes the differences are probably meaningless.
    I have put films in two 35mm cameras and I will expose one at 50 ASA and the other at 25, developing in Rodinal 1:100 for 7 min and look at the highlights & mids before making a change.
    That is unless anyone here believes I ought to try a different dilution/time combination.

I would expose two extra frames, and develop by inspection. Under a red lamp. That way you will learn if your developer concentration is useful to you. When I try a new to me film, I adjust the concentration of Rodinal to water until I get good results at around 10 minutes. Any time will work, but going for longer times means you will have better control over contrast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Purling View Post
    For medical purposes I believe the correct exposure is given thus: Anode voltage & current flow in the X ray tube + time.
    Where sensitivity to X radiation is concerned the difference between bands D and F is that F is only 60% faster. For my purposes the differences are probably meaningless.
    I have put films in two 35mm cameras and I will expose one at 50 ASA and the other at 25, developing in Rodinal 1:100 for 7 min and look at the highlights & mids before making a change.
    That is unless anyone here believes I ought to try a different dilution/time combination.

I second the develop by inspection idea. I fought through a lot of trial and error initially that would have been rapidly resolved if I'd had the red light in there helping. When I switched developers recently, the whole problem of development got solved in one batch. A red LED bulb only costs about three dollars, and is well worth the expenditure on several different levels.
    Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

I received some 4"x4" X-ray film: Crontex MRF 21 Plus & loaded it into some holders. I never heard of the film, so i assume it is double-sided unless a Forum member knows for sure

The person also sent me some Kodak Ultra Speed (D). The stuff is in the same coloured plastic pockets as the Tianjin made stuff I got.
    When I referred to lead foil I meant within each individual film pocket. It is behind the film if facing the proper way. The foil bears impressions of zig-zag lines that will be impressed upon the radiograph if the film is exposed the wrong way around.

I haven't trays to develope the film under safelight, yet. I believe that I need trays with a totally smooth bottom or to use an insert.
    I am used to my Fink-Roselieve Yanke type tank to develope the 4x4 inch Crontek.
    I wonder if food service trays would do for the dental film? As long as the bottom is flat & smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Purling View Post
    I received some 4"x4" X-ray film: Crontex MRF 21 Plus & loaded it into some holders. I never heard of the film, so i assume it is double-sided unless a Forum member knows for sure

The person also sent me some Kodak Ultra Speed (D). The stuff is in the same coloured plastic pockets as the Tianjin made stuff I got.
    When I referred to lead foil I meant within each individual film pocket. It is behind the film if facing the proper way. The foil bears impressions of zig-zag lines that will be impressed upon the radiograph if the film is exposed the wrong way around.

I haven't trays to develope the film under safelight, yet. I believe that I need trays with a totally smooth bottom or to use an insert.
    I am used to my Fink-Roselieve Yanke type tank to develope the 4x4 inch Crontek.
    I wonder if food service trays would do for the dental film? As long as the bottom is flat & smooth.
    The food service trays will wok if they are plastic, or a high grade stainless steel.

I got two 8x4.2" trays from an electronics emporium.They are meant to be used when etching printed circuit boards and are flat bottomed.
    I can tape a bin bag over the window at night and Bob's yer uncle. I have a clockwork timer with a ringing bell in the event my red LED lights aren't as safe as hoped. I will test by developing a blank film I left out for 5 min. That should include loading & unloading a holder and the time in the processing cycle making inspections.
    If you are tray developing do you only have the light on to inspect progress & switch off again? I am looking at a time between 7 and 10 min in Rodinal, adjusting dilution as the results suggest. I was going to start at 1:100 and dilute further if needed.

Has anyone heard of that Crontex MRF 21 Plus? The provider mentioned 80 ASA for 3 min in ID11 at 22C in a tray, but I prefer Rodinal.

I've only handled 2 kinds of XRay film a double sided and a single sided. Cxs green a Ektascan B/RA which has an anti halation backing. The developer soluble backing is blackish and the emulsion is pink/light colored. Double sided is pink/light both sides.

Rodinal 1:100 might be a place to start with film exposed mid day as if ASA100. There are dozens of developing schemes in this thread though.