Thread: FS/WTB Transaction Problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    joseph

Re: FS/WTB Transaction Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    I can already see “fact” vs. “perception of fact” leading to a whole lot of trouble here.
    I completely agree. Already we have non-involved parties joining this chat room, amplifying hearsay, and you would have to question their motives. If the threads were confined to those with direct experience of transactions, then they would have more value, but already it seems like this section is going to be nothing more than a headache for the moderators, should they choose to police it according to their regulations.

I think this section could be a useful resource, but it could also be a useful saloon for those who see themselves as deputies for a lynch mob.

There are many different interactions on these forums, hardly any of them involving financial transactions, but its easy to imagine that this section would be particularly damaging to somebody's reputation, should someone decide to aim an attack, or a retaliation.

In my opinion, the status quo was doing fine without this dedicated section. But then, I don't have many axes to grind. If I had, a post in the style of 'a letter to 'x' ' might have been more to the point, rather than this more wholesale approach.

I wonder who is going to make the first post which is actually libelous, or actionable?

Re: FS/WTB Transaction Problems

Quote Originally Posted by jb7 View Post

In my opinion, the status quo was doing fine without this dedicated section. But then, I don't have many axes to grind. If I had, a post in the style of 'a letter to 'x' ' might have been more to the point, rather than this more wholesale approach.

That is my opinion as well, and I don't have any axes to grind either. Just try to call them the way I see them. It seems to me that the idea of the Buyer-Seller Advisory could have been accomplished with much less waste of forum resources by just putting a "sticky" at the begging of the Buy/Sale threads describing what type of complaints would be acceptable, and then just delete offending posts. What we now have is a run-away train with folks jumping over themselves to praise certain people with whom they have had good transactions, blah, blah, blah. That was not the intent of the moderators, was it?

I appreciate that the moderators want to remedy what they perceive as a bad situation, but in this case the solution is worse than the problem, IMO, which validates the old saying, "the enemy of good is better."

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon