Page 128 of 329 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 3285

Thread: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Re: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Evan, you will look for ever!

I think you mean the 600mm Plasticca. I have pleasure of owning the only one I know of anywhere (but there must be others !).

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    i got a 450mm plasticca....not sure if i wanna sell it though......but money talks.....
    So, Eddie, how much? Does it cover 11x14?

Hi Steven, I have two of these 600mm Oscars. One is a 600mm Plasticca that is marked Oscar Zwierzina and another 600mm that is marked differently but is definitely an Oscar Plasticca. This second one has the photo equipment maker's mark but can't remember the marking. The lenses are packed away so can't get to them at the moment but will unpack shortly and get you the info if you are interested. These are quite magnificent lenses and massive. I am planning on shooting them as soon as I get my set up set up. Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    Evan, you will look for ever!

I think you mean the 600mm Plasticca. I have pleasure of owning the only one I know of anywhere (but there must be others !).

Nice not to be alone!
    Although out of place here, a unmarked Plasticca doesn't surprise me as Oscar Zwierzina shut down his Optische Anstalt in Dresden very suddenly in the 1930's. I believe Simon in Dresden continued for a bit. Mine is the F4, Serial number 20018.

There are 2 versions of the 18" (450mm). An F4. and an F3.5.
    In the, not to be believed, cameraeccentric US guide, both are for full plate - and the 600mm is for 10x12".
    The real coverage is much more and I can get lots of movements for the 600mm on 30x40cm, so Eddie is probably right on the ball!

It's crazy, I have seen Dan's literature which has them listed in English focal lengths but the lenses I have seen were marked in Metric..I just want to cover 11x14, A Kronar would be good, the Darlot would be good , a Plasticca would be good, all three would be great!!

I am crazy happy with the Darlot I have but it's only 9 1/2"..

Not sure if the Wollensak Varium is considered a "Soft Focus" lens by design but one 19" f4 version sold for $2000 (260991815307) and another one sold on this forum for $1449.

OIP Gand Labor 300mm f3.5 soft focus lens was sold on this forum for $875.

One more nice Kodak Portrait lens 305mm for $491 in working Ilex No5 shutter (120975083759)

One small Cooke Portrait sold for quite cheap, even considering it's just a 5x7" lens.
    Ebay item # 140838253866
    The vendor reported that it was engraved "Cooke Portrait", but there were no soft-focus adjustment markings.
    Placed an half-assed bid, partly because i really didn't need it, partly because i don't know very much about early Cooke Portraits.
    It went for little more, but i don't regret being a tight wallet... playing it safe didn't get me into any major disaster, and most of the time i get more than what i expect - helps a lot if you keep your expectations low, but being content after you've opened the parcel it's always a beautiful sensation
    I am left with a question though.
    Is that lens a soft focus? Are there Cooke Portrait lenses with no "soft" adjustment?
    My best guess is that the front of the lens can be turned, and that the softness markings got erased after long years of use.
    have fun
    CJ

WTB (and pay good monet for):
    soft back cell for Ilex Photoplastic 5x7
    disks for Imagon 420mm
    5x7 back for Calumet C1
    5x7 conversion for Bi-System

for sale
    Photographica

I believe this is a soft focus portrait lens being a series II, diffusion set by unscrewing the rear element ... great deal imho ... ;-)

Vitaliy AK

Quote Originally Posted by Amedeus View Post
    I believe this is a soft focus portrait lens being a series II, diffusion set by unscrewing the rear element ... great deal imho ... ;-)
    "Soft" is when rear element is completely screwed in? And for Sharp image you need to unscrew rear element? Or you unscrew for "softness"?