Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New phenomena of tablet computer cameras with LF-sized viewing

Re: New phenomena of tablet computer cameras with LF-sized viewing

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    What I'd like to see is a DSLR-quality Bluetooth camera that can directly input to the iPad, including live view.
    Ever since the iPad came out I thought this, using an iPad as a viewfinder, had promise. Imagine putting an iPad on its own support (tripod) at "picture height" and being able to take a few steps back to view it, view it from an angle, view it from the side of your eyes - a great aid those of us with imperfect pre-visualization skills.
    Mike → "Junior Liberatory Scientist"

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    - integration with external displays, e.g. the 8x10 LCD preview of a shot with tilt/shift lens (loupes are irrelevant when you can do a 100% zoom by just touch)
    I've seen several people using tablets or field monitors tethered to the HDMI output of DSLRs already for composition and focusing tilt/shift lenses. I'm going to be testing one myself soon.

Drew Wiley

Do you need to buy a different darkcloth each time the software requires an upgrade?

I'm hosed, can't meter for Zone i

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Scanner View Post
    What I would like to see is a complete digital version of the old large format photography. A plate with a 4x5 sensor. A digital darkroom where you can virtually do what you would regularly do with real film.
    Oh, yeah. I can just see it:

A control to "rack the bellows" for focusing. (Accessory: Bluetooth controlled motorized bellows on the front) You have to manually set the aperture and shutter. Oh, and there's a motion for the darkslide, too.

And once you've made the exposure, you have to lay the iPad flat and make a rocking motion to "develop" the image. And you get a negative. Then you have to make the print, including burning and dodging movements made by waving your hands above the screen.

Wow, would people be giving you funny looks!
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Vick Ko View Post
    I've been at a couple of my son's school events and seeing parents beside me, using tablet computers to shoot their kids. What struck me was seeing the "better than LF" huge viewing, with tablet computer cameras.

It sure makes an impression, to see an almost 8x10 live view of the image that you are going to take, with none of the inconvenience, and, dimness, of a LF with hood and tripod and all that LF stuff.

And made standing there with my M9 and viewfinder, "small".

Have you run across this?
    Those tablet cameras are too good. It is awesome feature I have not used but seen many times

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Quote Originally Posted by JoeV View Post
    What I'd like to see is a DSLR-quality Bluetooth camera that can directly input to the iPad, including live view.
    http://www.camranger.com/

A control to "rack the bellows" for focusing. (Accessory: Bluetooth controlled motorized bellows on the front) You have to manually set the aperture and shutter. Oh, and there's a motion for the darkslide, too.

And once you've made the exposure, you have to lay the iPad flat and make a rocking motion to "develop" the image. And you get a negative. Then you have to make the print, including burning and dodging movements made by waving your hands above the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post

Coat
    screen
    with
    collodian
    now...
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

Quote Originally Posted by RussellLittle View Post
    Those tablet cameras are too good. It is awesome feature I have not used but seen many times
    Which tablet you use guys?