Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Century Penny Picture Camera

Re: Century Penny Picture Camera

I appreciate the responses. Looks like I'll just have to make an alternative back that is setup for portrait

W K Longcor

I have had a similar camera for a number of years. It DOES do vertical - portrait images -- 2 0f them, side by side on a single sheet of film. The entire design of the camera was "cheap" small images. Depending on the mask you used inside, you could get anywhere from 2 to multiple (I think up to 16) "gem" size photos. You have a camera designed for a particular use, and you are fighting it - trying to make it do something else. So get a mask for the inside -- and have fun making 3.5"x5" images!

You're right, I didn't realize what it was when I purchased it. I was mainly looking for a 5x7 to increase my negatives for contact prints so unfortunately creating 2 on a single negative isn't what I wanted. Guess I'll have to comb ebay for another one.

Definitely appreciate the help

The only real problem you have is the maximum extension available. This is a simplified standard Century design with no extension on the base frame - but probably enough for most 5x7" lenses.
    Many multi-cameras are much more restricted in extension than this and have no real use other than demonstrating how the photographers of yesteryear did it.