Page 373 of 1727 FirstFirst ... 2733233633713723733743753834234738731373 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 17269

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by lbenac View Post
    Ok on these ones the only people in the photo were swallowed by the glacier before I pressed the release

Nikor-M 300/9 HP4+ Pyrocat MC

Fujinon-NW 125/5.6

Fujinon-NW 125/5.6

Cheers,

Luc
    Really nice landscapes, Luc.

Luc - I have nothing helpful or insightful to add, other than to mention that I am once again a fan of your photographs. I think the Abbot Pass photo in particular is outstanding (but they all are).

Thanks for sharing! It borders between inspiring me to go out and shoot more, or not at all because I have so much to learn.

Luc's mountain shots are what I like to call Crispy Creams - images with a nice amount of screen-friendly sharpening and creamy grey tonality at the same time. I can't find anything not to like, they really pop off the screen!

Ok guys now you are going to make me blush
    Thanks a lot for the kind comments specially for a newbie in LF.
    I will try to remember them for these gloomy moments when inspiration is at zero, weather is to rain and you feel like you have shot already everything in your vicinity

Once again thank you all - now I have no other choice than to print them and start rotating pictures on my walls.

Cheers,

Luc

Quote Originally Posted by nathanm View Post
    Luc's mountain shots are what I like to call Crispy Creams - images with a nice amount of screen-friendly sharpening and creamy grey tonality at the same time. I can't find anything not to like, they really pop off the screen!
    Quote Originally Posted by MumbleyJoe View Post
    Luc - I have nothing helpful or insightful to add, other than to mention that I am once again a fan of your photographs. I think the Abbot Pass photo in particular is outstanding (but they all are).
    Thanks for sharing! It borders between inspiring me to go out and shoot more, or not at all because I have so much to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Really nice landscapes, Luc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bunnik View Post
    Superb images Luc. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    HP4+? I take it that's either a typo for FP4+ or HP5+?
    Ok I can never reconcile myself. This is HP5 but I also shoot FP4
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar P, F2
    [CENTER]6x6 # Minolta 1965 Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak 1946 Medalist II

David J. Heinrich

Quote Originally Posted by lbenac View Post
    Going through images from my summer trips bit at a time...

Nikkor 90/8 - FP4+ in Pyrocat MC

Cheers,

Luc
    I really do like this one...I just wish the woman in the lower left corner was more in it. This photo really gives an impression of enormity, and if the woman were more into the picture, she would be a more powerful -- but still dwarfed -- foreground.

It looks like you kind of didn't want to include her in the image...but I think she is a very welcomed element.

David J. Heinrich

Stealing The Spirit Of The Cornfield
    Shen-Hao 4x5, Schneider 90mm, Tri-X, 1/15 second @ ƒ-45, a little rear tilt, orange filter, Perceptol dev 8-min in BTZS tubes, Epson v750-Pro scan, Photoshop editing

Note: This is an ILLEGAL PHOTO!!! *gasp*
    Full story: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanm...ak/6091691992/
    A great image an a great writeup on the story. I get the impression you might be familiar with libertarianism?

I'm glad I wasn't harassed while taking this picture of a corn field in Canandaigua, NY:

Attachment 60708
    (full sized very large version)

Stealing The Spirit Of The Cornfield
    Note: This is an ILLEGAL PHOTO!!! *gasp*
    Full story: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanm...ak/6091691992/
    That's a shame Nathan. For me, that experience would suck all the joy out of an image. Don't know what I'd do if I found myself in such a situation. I'd probably offer them an 8X10. If that didn't soothe them, I'd tell them to go ahead and call the police.

I hate property ownership, especially the arrogance of property ownership. The idea of a person owning thousands of acres and having complete control over who can step onto it. Personally, I think the government should own all the land and just lease it to people...treaspassers welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I hate property ownership, especially the arrogance of property ownership. The idea of a person owning thousands of acres and having complete control over who can step onto it. Personally, I think the government should own all the land and just lease it to people...treaspassers welcome.
    Of course, the gov't did own all that land after they took it away from the indians. They gave it away to the asshat's great granddad. And now you can't even take a picture of it.

Dont blame us - you just chose the wrong set of great grandparents.

Quote Originally Posted by dh003i View Post
    I really do like this one...I just wish the woman in the lower left corner was more in it. This photo really gives an impression of enormity, and if the woman were more into the picture, she would be a more powerful -- but still dwarfed -- foreground.
    It looks like you kind of didn't want to include her in the image...but I think she is a very welcomed element.
    Thank you.

No she is my cousin and I wanted to include her but I had five problems:
    1) she never stops moving (hyperactive girl...) and she was up and down the embankment but I did not want her posing
    2) the other shot I took there is too much corner distortion so she looks like a mutant
    3) when framed entirely on the ground glass she was looking too predominant and I did not think that I would get the effect that I wanted i.e. dwarfed by the mountain, looking in awe at the amazing scenery...
    4) I did not want to include too much of the embankment/road i.e. there is only one spot where somebody can be seen in full on the framing and she moved (see (1) )
    5) maybe I should have carried my 75mm as there was not much room to maneuver (side of a busy road to the pass)

Cheers,

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar P, F2
    [CENTER]6x6 # Minolta 1965 Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak 1946 Medalist II

Nicolas Belokurov

Luc, I really like your recent photos. I tend to do almost 90% of my photography in the mountains so share your passion for the rock and ice. Who said all the mountain shots should have red peaks and be colored?