Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Market price on Jobo

Market price on Jobo

What's a fair price on a Jobo system with 4x5 tanks and the first purchase of C41 chemicals? Nobody locally does C41 of 4x5 sheets so I thought I'd look into the startup cost to do it on my own.

Re: Market price on Jobo

Picked up a Jobo CPE for £50 (would have liked a CPE2 with bottle warming stuff but they seem to go for way more so CPE is next best and wil fin in my darkroom corner) with a tank for MF and a suitable tank complete with the necessary innards for 4x5 for another £20 on ebay in the UK in the last ccoule of weeks

Quote Originally Posted by davkt View Post
    Picked up a Jobo CPE for £50 (would have liked a CPE2 with bottle warming stuff but they seem to go for way more so CPE is next best and wil fin in my darkroom corner) with a tank for MF and a suitable tank complete with the necessary innards for 4x5 for another £20 on ebay in the UK in the last ccoule of weeks
    Does the CPE at least warm the processing tank?

You should check out eBay completed auctions to get an idea. The price mentioned above is NOT the norm, but very much an exception. These processors are highly sought after and sell for a lot of money.
    Juergen

Quote Originally Posted by Juergen Sattler View Post
    You should check out eBay completed auctions to get an idea. The price mentioned above is NOT the norm, but very much an exception. These processors are highly sought after and sell for a lot of money.
    Oh I didn't know you could search for finished auctions. Thanks a lot, that solves it.

Now where does somebody get E6 & C41 chemicals?

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

The CPP and CPE processors will warm the water. The CPP has a cold water intake to cool the water, too. I think you could use the CPE with the Jobo single-reel tank, but I don't think I would try it with the double reel. You can always spin the tank by hand in the bath, though.

The thermostat on the CPE is mechanical, and the markings are not accurate. I used a thermometer, and took some time to figure out the spots where the temps really are and marked them in pencil. The CPP has a digital thermometer, and tighter temp regulation. However, with the large volume of water in the unit, you really won't see significant variation.

I have processed color with both processors, and they do a really good job. Freestyle has chemicals, but I don't know if they ship to Canada.

I have been looking for a backup cpp-2 for over 2 years and was finally able to buy one in my price range. Most I have seen were in the $1500.00 range and had some drums thrown in, drums are also critical and bringing big money. Some weeks there are no auctions for them at all on eBay...Evan Clarke

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

I got a CPP 2 for $150 plus shipping on APUG with all the bottles and a 1540 tank, no reels.

I paid $510 for a new 3010 Expert Drum from FreeStyle

Steve
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    The CPP and CPE processors will warm the water. The CPP has a cold water intake to cool the water, too. I think you could use the CPE with the Jobo single-reel tank, but I don't think I would try it with the double reel. You can always spin the tank by hand in the bath, though.
    My CPE came with a 4312 tank which takes 2 reels 35mm and the pic on the box shows it with a 4530 (what I've bought to go with it) which takes 5x4 from what I can see written on it in the box picture (and 10x8 print according to the ebay ad so maybe 10x8 film as well). Have just found a secondhand Jobo TPE as well so in effect have the capability of a CPE2 but in 2 units, easier on the shelf space!

Got mine CPA-2 processor for €180 with 4541 and small 4312 tank in which I develop two 4x5 sheets at a time. I don't have no dedicated holders for sheet film but I gave it a try and it works perfect way. I have processed many sheets this way in c41 as well as with Rodinal with great results. Rollei Digibase C41 kit is what I use, appears to be most economical alternative.
    For two sheets you need only 125ml of chemicals when running in processor.