Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jobo 3010 Maximum Capacity?

Re: Jobo 3010 Maximum Capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by venchka View Post
    By the way, in recent years, Kodak dropped the 8ozs/80 sq. in. notice in the D76 tech. information. I forget how it reads now, but the 8/80 warning was gone the last time I looked.
    It's still there. See the link in my post #6 above.

Cool Re: Jobo 3010 Maximum Capacity?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    It's still there. See the link in my post #6 above.
    Thanks. I missed that a year or two ago. They also cover their bases by adding time if using less than 8ozs. of D76. That would be proved with testing also.
    I guess I should start using my 8 or 10 1 gallon bags of D76.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Eric Nelson

Here is the print out that came with my Jobo drums, which are the 3010 and 3005. Color chemistry recommendations were considerably less IIRC.
    Eric

Old thread alert...

So I am trying to get this straight. Yesterday, I souped 6 sheets of TMX 100 in my CPP2 / 3010 in D76 1+1 for 90% of the non-rotary time in 600ML of chemistry and it came out fine. I would like to be able to do up to 10 sheets but don't want to strain the motor ( have a spare ) with 1L of chemistry, would prefer to use between 750-800ml for up to 10 sheets of 4x5.

I also want to start using Xtol. Where can I find the data sheets that clearly explain volume per sheet, not the Jobo one?

I usually use 250ml in the 4x5 jobo drum with good result. Dunno if that's technically correct but my pitchers look good.

Quote Originally Posted by dbla View Post
    I usually use 250ml in the 4x5 jobo drum with good result. Dunno if that's technically correct but my pitchers look good.
    What drum, how many sheets and what developer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome25 View Post
    Old thread alert...I souped 6 sheets of TMX 100...in D76 1+1...in 600ML of chemistry and it came out fine...
    Since this is an old thread, the answer to your first question is already here. Scroll up to post #6, read it and review the noted section of the linked Kodak document. For one-shot use, to avoid the risk that images you're developing will exhaust the active agent in D-76, 250ml of stock solution is required for each 80 square inches of film. With 6 4x5 sheets, you needed 375ml of stock, which is 750ml of working solution at 1+1. "Came out fine" means you lucked out this time. Adhering to the manufacturer's data or not is the difference between confidence or crap shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome25 View Post
    ...I also want to start using Xtol. Where can I find the data sheets that clearly explain volume per sheet, not the Jobo one?
    XTOL has much more capacity per ml of stock solution than D-76. Only 100ml of stock is required for each 80 square inches of film. See the middle of the second column on page 2 of this Kodak document

for that information. Therefore, if using XTOL 1+1 to develop 10 4x5 sheets in a 3010 drum, 250ml of stock plus 250ml of water will do the job. Much less strain on your Jobo's motor than D-76, where you'd be limited to 8 sheets in a full liter of working solution at 1+1.

Listen to Internet experts or the chemistry's manufacturer -- the choice is yours. Confidence or crap shoot.

I typically use a jobo expert drum, and develop with 300ml of 1-1 xtol. Me results are fine, and repeatable.

*my not me

Note the table above in post #23; this gives the minimum amount of chemistry required to properly develop B&W film in a 3010. That has nothing to do with the strength of the developer, it is all about actually keeping the developer active on all sheets. I use ID11 @ 1+1 which has a capacity that matches those figures so I just use it as a one shot and discard after use. If I used it at full strength I would still need the same volume of developer but could retain the developer and use it for a second batch. Conversely if I went to 1+3 then I would need a full litre which might strain the motor. It sounds like XTOL would be a better match for Jobo processing than D76.

FWIW here are the dilutions needed to match the Jobo 3005/3010 minimums for a few Ilford developers: ID 11: 1+1, DD-X: 1+9, LC 29: 1+19, Perceptol: stock.