Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LF in Vienna anyone?

Re: LF in Vienna anyone?

This is another detail from the St. Ruprechtskirche. This wall is covered by a tree and is not visible unless you come close. Going under that tree was like going back in time. Those dead roots and branches, along with the statue and a small wooden door, gave me the impression that the place had not been touched or changed since the time of Saint Rupert.

Last edited by Vlad Soare; 6-Oct-2008 at 01:43.

I really wanted to take a picture of a church interior.
    At the Stephansdom tripods are forbidden unless you have a permit. I tried to get one, but couldn't, because there was nobody I could talk to - it was 1:30PM and the folks had gone home for the day.
    So, I went to the Votivkirche, which I found just as beautiful.
    Unfortunately, I didn't have a wideangle lens. This is the best I could do with a 210mm lens.

lovely...Vienna is magical...

Another point well worth the visit is the Hundertwasser Haus (sp?).

Hi! I love your photos of Vienna. You missed some really beautiful places, though, so here are just some tips in case you ever get back:
    - the fountain at the Russian memorial on Schwarzenbergplatz is absolutely beautiful, especially at night since it changes colors then. Beautiful.
    - the Belvedere which is right next to it is an absolutely beautiful building
    - Schloss Schönbrunn, the former palace of the royal family, is worth taking photos of as well, the architecture is amazing
    - Stephansdom is a beautiful cathedral in the centre that you have to look at!

Thanks, Matthew. I will get back, that's for sure. It's not far from where I live, and my wife still has some shopping to do. First I'll have to get a wideangle lens; right now I only have a 210mm.
    I went to the Belvedere and Schönbrunn and took a couple of pictures, but I don't like any of them. They look just like crude snapshots, that's why I'm not showing them. I haven't even enlarged them. Hopefully I'll do better next time.
    Next time, especially if I manage to get a wideangle by then, I'll try to get a permit for the interior of the Stephansdom. I have no idea what's needed to get it - I couldn't find anyone to talk to. We'll see...

Oh, I see! Well I'm looking forward to your next Vienna photo session
    Brings back lots of good memories for me...