Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glazer's Camera and Whole Plate T-Max 400

Glazer's Camera and Whole Plate T-Max 400

Hello All,

There has been a great deal interest in having Kodak cut some of their new T-Max 400 in 6.5x8.5 (whole plate) so I thought I'd start a new thread for it. That format was not one of the sizes that Kodak initially presented to us as being a possible order. We have approached Kodak and one of their people is looking into creating a catalog number for it. We also want to make sure that Kodak will be able to create the appropriate packaging for it. Hopefully, we will hear something back within a week or so. Once that happens, we should have pricing and minimum order quantities. I have taken note of all your emails and have duly recorded the number of boxes each of you are interested in. I want to thank everyone for their interest and enthusiasm regarding this project. Even the people we have spoken to at Kodak seem excited by it. I will keep you all posted and please feel free to email me at williaml@glazerscamera.com

regards,

William

Re: Glazer's Camera and Whole Plate T-Max 400

And...Kodak just got back to me with info. 6.5x8.5 film will be sold in 25 sheet boxes at a cost of $89.00 per box. The film will be packaged in the appropriate size box and the minimum order is 150 boxes. I am opening up a pre-order period today and extending through June 2. People can call with their credit card info and order the film. If we reach the minimum order by June 2, we will place the order and the film will arrive in 6-8 weeks. If we don't reach the minimum, all money will be refunded. I personally think it's great that the LF community is speaking up and Kodak is listening and is willing to work with Glazer's on popular sizes that weren't offered initially. Thanks guys!

William
    Glazer's Camera

William, There has been a question of the possibility 4x10 film being offered. Could you check to see if Kodak would also cut that size and the cost.
    Regards,
    S. Preston Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Glazer's Camera View Post
    ...6.5x8.5 film will be sold in 25 sheet boxes at a cost of $89.00 per box. The film will be packaged in the appropriate size box and the minimum order is 150 boxes. I am opening up a pre-order period today and extending through June 2...
    I encourage all those who have or are about to receive 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 cameras to order as many boxes as they can and William to post a status update here at the end of May. That way, if we've fallen short of the 150-box minimum, anyone so inclined can increase their order(s) so the goal is attained. I'm in for 30 boxes.

Hello All,

Well, I spoke with Kodak today and they are prepared to cut the film to fit the holders you guys have and/or are having built. Sal can provide the dimensions to you. Kodak did tell me that they are going to have to put the film in 8x10 boxes, but I don't think that's a big deal. As of right now, I have about 90 boxes spoken for out of the 150 needed to place an order. And only 10 of the 90 are paid for already. Let me know if you guys need any thing else.

William
    Glazer's Camera

Hello All,

Well, I spoke with Kodak today and they are prepared to cut the film to fit the holders you guys have and/or are having built. Sal can provide the dimensions to you. Kodak did tell me that they are going to have to put the film in 8x10 boxes, but I don't think that's a big deal. As of right now, I have about 90 boxes spoken for out of the 150 needed to place an order. And only 10 of the 90 are paid for already. Let me know if you guys need any thing else.

William
    Glazer's Camera
    Anyone interested in the exact size should know that, after I performed much coordination and measurement of film and holders, William asked Kodak to cut the film at 6-7/16 inch x 8-7/16 inch and Kodak claims a cutting tolerance of plus or minus 1/2000 inch. That should comfortably fit any holders I'm aware of, most certainly Lotus, Chamonix and (when they finally appear) Fotoman. It converts to a maximum metric size of 163.53 mm x 214.33 mm. Ilford's ranges (aim points plus cutting tolerance) for FP4 Plus and HP5 Plus are 162.7mm - 164.3 mm x 213.0 mm - 214.6 mm so, if Ilford film has fit in your holders, this TMY-2 would too.

I'm very disappointed in the boxes being 8x10. I thought a major reason for the large minimum order was to cover the non-recurring cost of exact size packaging. This will make fitting large quantities in my refrigerator/freezer problematic. I hope Kodak reconsiders "whole plate" boxes. If it doesn't, I might have to reconsider whether to actually pay for the 30 boxes I "spoke for."

Ok, I just received an email from Kodak stating that 6.5x8.5 film WILL be provided in EXACT size packaging, not 8x10 boxes as previously stated by their finishing department. So, that's great and you guys can start calling in your orders to me. I'll be out Wednesday and Thursday, but you can leave me a voicemail at (206)624-1100 or must email me.

thanks,

William

Ok, I just received an email from Kodak stating that 6.5x8.5 film WILL be provided in EXACT size packaging, not 8x10 boxes as previously stated by their finishing department...
    OK, now that Kodak has done the right thing, I'm back in for 30 boxes. Let's make it happen!

wfwhitaker

What's the status of this order?

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but I've got a wooden 8x10 to full plate reducing back that's for sale. No glass, but the full plate part is excellent while the 8x10 part needs one crack fixed. Not certain what it is designed to fit, but it looks like it will go on an Agfa/Ansco or a Kodak without much work. Asking $50.00 plus $15 for shipping.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg