Page 123 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1253

Thread: Paper negatives

Re: Paper negatives

Remains of a chapel, built 1685, North Lees. Deardorff V8, 165mm f/6.8 Angulon at f/45, Ilford MGIV with a yellow filter, developed in PQ Universal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ChapelNL.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	249636

Great job, Dave!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I shall be hosting a FREE Paper Negative Seminar.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seminar-2024.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	249650

Event by James R. Kyle - Experimenting With Photographic Paper As Film
    Alley Spring Campground Loop, Eminence, MO 65466, United States

In the month of May (17th to the 25th) I shall be holding another Paper Negative Seminar near Eminence, Missouri - at Alley Spring Campground along the Jack's Fork River. Those attending do not have to do the whole week - However - two days are needed to get all information. ( One day to getting the negative Image with the camera, then that night develop in the camper's darkroom area.)

All interested members will provide their own transportation, food, and camping location (and or motel in Eminence, MO.) The campground has electrical power and I shall have my camper with a darkroom that anyone may use. And my stock of photo paper as well. If you do not have a camera - Hey! That's OK = Use one of mine.

I can have a total number of four (4) other people that are TENT camped in my camping spot -> (Campsite # 610) within the "Loop 600" of the campground.
    This National Park Service Campground has hot showers, good drinkable water, and available restrooms. (I have personally camping here for about as long as I have been making photographs (60 Years).

We shall photograph each day, have Q & A sessions, and develop our negatives at night - (Attending members may use my darkroom and chemicals).
    The total cost is that of your food and your transportation to Eminence, MO. -- I Teach Free of Charge. (And I expect to learn some things myself.)

I know that the distance is almost an impossibility for members living in Canada, Europe, and Asia. However, Not out of the question. At any rate = I do hope to see perhaps one or three members to come and enjoy this wonderful place with me. (I will have wine and other adult beverages with me.)

For those traveling get on Federal 60 located in the South part of Missouri State. Go to MO-19 and head NORTH to Eminence, Missouri.
    When going through this town Please travel the Speed Limit of 25 M.P.H. -- When almost through the town there will be a LEFT trun onto 106 - Follow the Sign to Alley Spring. The campground entrance will be on your LEFT (Sign indicates a left turn), and before a bridge that crosses the Jack's Fork River.

Thank you One and All...

James R. Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by James R. Kyle View Post
    I shall be hosting a FREE Paper Negative Seminar.....

I was about to post your metodClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Seminar-2024.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	249650

Event by James R. Kyle - Experimenting With Photographic Paper As Film
    Alley Spring Campground Loop, Eminence, MO 65466, United States

In the month of May (17th to the 25th) I shall be holding another Paper Negative Seminar near Eminence, Missouri - at Alley Spring Campground along the Jack's Fork River. Those attending do not have to do the whole week - However - two days are needed to get all information. ( One day to getting the negative Image with the camera, then that night develop in the camper's darkroom area.)

All interested members will provide their own transportation, food, and camping location (and or motel in Eminence, MO.) The campground has electrical power and I shall have my camper with a darkroom that anyone may use. And my stock of photo paper as well. If you do not have a camera - Hey! That's OK = Use one of mine.

I can have a total number of four (4) other people that are TENT camped in my camping spot -> (Campsite # 610) within the "Loop 600" of the campground.
    This National Park Service Campground has hot showers, good drinkable water, and available restrooms. (I have personally camping here for about as long as I have been making photographs (60 Years).

We shall photograph each day, have Q & A sessions, and develop our negatives at night - (Attending members may use my darkroom and chemicals).
    The total cost is that of your food and your transportation to Eminence, MO. -- I Teach Free of Charge. (And I expect to learn some things myself.)

I know that the distance is almost an impossibility for members living in Canada, Europe, and Asia. However, Not out of the question. At any rate = I do hope to see perhaps one or three members to come and enjoy this wonderful place with me. (I will have wine and other adult beverages with me.)

For those traveling get on Federal 60 located in the South part of Missouri State. Go to MO-19 and head NORTH to Eminence, Missouri.
    When going through this town Please travel the Speed Limit of 25 M.P.H. -- When almost through the town there will be a LEFT trun onto 106 - Follow the Sign to Alley Spring. The campground entrance will be on your LEFT (Sign indicates a left turn), and before a bridge that crosses the Jack's Fork River.

Thank you One and All...

James R. Kyle
    Tin Can

Very cool and I love your boat!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Great job, Dave!
    Thanks Peter. First image with that lens so a bit of a test shot really, so pleased to get something usable out of it.

Muttley

Hmm, less than two weeks notice?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LR_Ilford_MGRC_DeLux_C1001.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	249837

Sorry for the mundane subject matter; it was more of a technical exercise for me and I don't feel like lugging the C1 out into the Wild just yet.

Paper negative on Ilford MGRC DeLuxe Glossy rated at 3 ISO, developed for 1:30 @ 72f in Photographer's Formulary Liquidol 3:1.

Calumet C1 8x10 View Camera w/ Fujinon 250mm f6.7 with #8 Yellow filter. Exposure was 10 seconds @ f22. Looks like I just clipped the image circle on the upper left of the image. I did have considerable front rise applied to get more of the sky to see how the yellow filter would render on a paper negative.

I made a crude attempt to burn-in the sky, but it's rather hard to judge just where to shade the paper when there is no image projected! I laid a failed prior attempt alongside in the same orientation and tried to judge from inferred position. Kind of worked; but not fully. You can see the dodge line on the shed, starting toward the top of the double doors.

Really surprised I got a reasonably good negative on the first try.
    Kino
    We never have time to do it right, but we always seem to have time to do it again...

Good start, Kino!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Good start, Kino!
    +1 !

careful, this whole paper negative thing can be addictive ...