Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

Re: Broncolor Flash Pack Bonanza

I'm constantly experimenting, and I like what the diffusion domes seem to add, a smoothness and emphasis on texture in the detailing of the image. The Jury is still out but I like what I am getting. Enough so that I want another couple of these. And I am keeping an eye out about other possible additions to the equipment locker. But on a Budget!
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Well here's my new edition to the studio today...arrived after a couple of week's wait. It's actually brand new somehow...can't be too many left out there like this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobilite2-01.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	245039

These can apparently be modified so that the modelling lamp works with the Move 1200L generator, of which I have one. I now have two Mobilite 2 lamps, so if the modification price isn't crazy I might get them both done, to have a handy little twin-head kit for location work that's compatible with those Picolite/Mobilite modifiers I'm keen to acquire.

Sinar Gelatin Holder JB Welded to Impaspot front mount by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I have JB Welded a Sinar Gelatin Filter Holder, to the front of the Broncolor Impact Impaspot. So now a good way to secure Gobos, Gelatins, etc. I can even reverse mount a Sinar Polarizing filter, so the spotlight light can be polarized. Useful!

Broncolor Impaspot Homemade Gobo Holders and Gobos by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here I am experimenting with Homemade Gobo Holders for the Impaspot. I've made some out of sheet aluminum painted black, also some from black mount board cut to the correct size. I'm still working on what Gobos work best with the Impaspot; I have learned that the Picolight Projection Attachment takes "Type A" Rosco Gobos, I've ordered one to give it a try.

Anybody know what works good with the Impaspot? I'm still testing, I think mine can be improved. Ideas?
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 30-Dec-2023 at 11:52.

― Mark Twain

Good points

Your DOME sparked me

I need to try my Einstein with Safety's Dome aimed straight up

No modifier

per, Mortensen single lamp

Portraits!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by dxp View Post
    Well here's my new edition to the studio today...arrived after a couple of week's wait. It's actually brand new somehow...can't be too many left out there like this!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mobilite2-01.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	245039

These can apparently be modified so that the modelling lamp works with the Move 1200L generator, of which I have one. I now have two Mobilite 2 lamps, so if the modification price isn't crazy I might get them both done, to have a handy little twin-head kit for location work that's compatible with those Picolite/Mobilite modifiers I'm keen to acquire.
    dxp,

Oooo I saw an auction last year for a Broncolor Mobilite outfit, a couple of heads and pack, minus the battery. Looked it up, it was about $2500+ worth of uber kit, $200 BIN auction. Thunk that real hard about that, decided it was ANOTHER slippery slope LOL. Prolly should have pounced on it!

I have Norman 200b's (hot rodded by New York City Flash Clinic, sadly gone) but they only put out a measly 200J. But NYCFFC adapted mine to fit the Hasselblad Ring Light! They were kind of famous for that Way overused 80's fashion beauty photography equipment, being repurposed in 2020's by me. REDEYE gone amuck in the 80's fashion mags. Broncolor makes a real cool Ring Light 1600J it's on my radar. Takes a lot of grids/modifiers too.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 6-Jan-2024 at 18:18.

― Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Good points

Your DOME sparked me

I need to try my Einstein with Safety's Dome aimed straight up

No modifier

per, Mortensen single lamp

Portraits!
    Post some results when you get to it. Thnx for contributing. Bare Bulb! A frosted diffusion dome helps, if Buff made them

― Mark Twain

About a month ago I saw a Mobilite setup sell over here for 200€ including the generator, lamp head, a battery, some accessories, and the carry case. I probably would've grabbed it except the seller was advertising it as pickup only and it would've been a 10 hour round-trip to drive there. It sold to someone else within a few days. But most people with a similar kit ask for 3x that amount, and then it takes months to sell, if at all.

Had to look up the Norman 200Bs as I'm not at all familiar with their gear. Yeah, something like that seems like a bit too much mucking around for 200J. I have a trio of Godox AD300Pro 300J battery strobes I added to my kit in recent months, and they're absolutely amazing considering the price, feature set, and form factor.

But for me the benefit of the Mobilite/Picolite heads is the amount of power they can output for the size, and some of those modifiers available for them.

I've actually got Bron's Ringflash C, grid set, and the beauty reflector, as it was included with the Bron kit I purchased. I'd planned to sell it, but after a bit of a play I quite like the light it produces, especially with the beauty reflector attached, so will hold onto it awhile.

Good info there dxp! Thanks.

Broncolor Catalog 1990 Impact by Nokton48, on Flickr

Broncolor Impact Goodies currently on my radar (marked in sharpie pen). Stuff does come along.

― Mark Twain

Broncolor Sunlite Diffusion Dome and Head Warmer by Nokton48, on Flickr

A Broncolor Sunlite Diffusion Dome for $80 landed. It's big! and I'll find a use for it. Also a Broncolor Head Warmer, it will also prolly get some use too.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 2-Jan-2024 at 14:07.

― Mark Twain

How does that differ from the regular diffusion dome?