Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rodinal Come Back

Re: Rodinal Come Back

Although I wasn't going to buy from Adorama because of numerous reports about bad service, I went ahead and bought 2 bottles of the Adox Rodinal.
    I'm happy to report that I received it in 3 days, and it arrived well-packed in a box labeled "this way up!" and was delivered to me correctly oriented. Much to my surprise, this transaction went smoothly and Adorama gets 5 stars from me.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    Although I wasn't going to buy from Adorama because of numerous reports about bad service, I went ahead and bought 2 bottles of the Adox Rodinal.
    I'm happy to report that I received it in 3 days, and it arrived well-packed in a box labeled "this way up!" and was delivered to me correctly oriented. Much to my surprise, this transaction went smoothly and Adorama gets 5 stars from me.
    for a while there they had a stretch of really good customer service. they hired Helen Oster and she fixed problems and compensated and tried to make sure there were no problems. she left 5 or 6 years ago and sounds like they could use someone with her expertise. I remember back in the day you'd buy something from them over the phone and get an earful, like you were ordering a meal at the old Durgin-Park in Boston..
    Last edited by jnantz; 16-Sep-2023 at 06:03. Reason: remembered Helen's name

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    Sliced bread is the greatest thing since D-76.
    LOL!
    ..but I think Rodinal might actually have preceded sliced bread. <shrug>

Yup Rodinal pre-dates D-76 which pre-dates sliced bread.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post
    mine came with the this way up arrow facing the cieling, but the bottles themselves, the lids were facing down. Ironically the delivery dude put the package on my door step, arrow pointing DOWN>