Thread: Help with Fujifilm HR-T30 X-ray Film?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Help with Fujifilm HR-T30 X-ray Film?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LARGE FORMAT DARKROOM IMG_8811 copy.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	237755

This is probably the best image I've produced with any of my DIY cameras. Used a bellows shown in the pictures below, found in an estate cleanout (I got to clean out an entire darkroom for my old job—see pics...of what it looked like *after* I was done scavenging! Equipment, developer mixes, everything but film. That's how I got started.) I attached what I call my "Garage Lens" a big plano-convex magnifying lens the size of a saucer with ~350mm focal length that I pulled out of a garage at a different estate, stopped it down (before I knew what that meant) just because I found it made a sharper image, to about a 12cm aperture. No idea what the actual f/stop worked out to is since I've long since deconstructed that camera (I guess it'd be about f/2.9?). Cut down my HR-T30 xray film to about 5x6, exposed to daylight lamp for about ~2 sec by flipping the lightswitch. Developed in Ilfosol 3 1+9 about 8 minutes by inspection with dim red safelight (rubylith over old yellow Kodak safelight), continuous agitation, digitized with my Canon T6i and inverted on the computer. And that's about when I got hooked on large format.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LARGE FORMAT DARKROOM IMG_8098 copy.jpg   LARGE FORMAT DARKROOM IMG_8107 copy.jpg   LARGE FORMAT PHOTxIMG_5562 copy.jpg