Page 1645 of 1727 FirstFirst ... 64511451545159516351643164416451646164716551695 ... LastLast
Results 16,441 to 16,450 of 17269

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    I've mainly had the opposite experience where people don't want to walk in front of my camera -- not realizing that: #1 - I've already taken the picture or #2 - It's going to take me at least 15 minutes to set everything up. So I have to assure them that "Everything is OK!".
    Same here -- or it is a long enough exposure they are not going to show up unless they decide to sit awhile and contemplate their navels.

This image was improved by two ladies enjoying the fall from the log near the water by making me wait until they left...the light got even better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FallsMultnomahCr_Carbon.jpg  
    Last edited by Vaughn; 20-Oct-2022 at 07:38.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Nice shot!!!

As they say, some people are like clouds; the day brightens up when they leave...
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I think the "some people" you are referring to are largely "in-laws".

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    I've mainly had the opposite experience where people don't want to walk in front of my camera -- not realizing that: #1 - I've already taken the picture or #2 - It's going to take me at least 15 minutes to set everything up. So I have to assure them that "Everything is OK!".
    And me too.

And the more pictures I take the less I am stressed about "lost opportunities" due to someone walking into "my" scene. What works : avoiding places where everyone else goes or going there during the times when not many come (early mornings and off-seasons are the best still)

Nice image Vaughn.

To be fair, I generally don't have issues with folks coming into my shot. At worst, folks are in the shot while I set up, and I expect they'll be leaving soon, so I wait till this happens. This was a bit more...deliberate, it seemed, but it is what it is. I almost walked over and asked them to move slightly behind a tufa for a few minutes but didn't.

Anyway, I also shot this sheet, whilst specifically avoiding the area they were using (that's the thing - I was at least trying to stay out of their family photo shoot!). Same setup.

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Great, Bryan!

Simply lovely Vaughn.

Martin

Thanks, Martin -- my first negative has the fall centered -- but fortunately I did not stop there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Thanks, Martin -- my first negative has the fall centered -- but fortunately I did not stop there.
    My wife and I listened to an interesting podcast recently, about being able to see other peoples' points of view. They featured a first grade teacher who had his students draw a picture of their home. He then asked them to draw three more, all different, to try to get them to look at things differently. I was thinking "I need to do that when I photograph!"

After that, he had the students constructively critique each others' drawings as well.