Thread: Fuji GX 680 180mm f/3.2 in Seiko Shutter for 4x5 Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fuji GX 680 180mm f/3.2 in Seiko Shutter for 4x5 Experience

It’s hard to capture the screen on mine, very glary so I don’t know if this would help
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C3CEFA0-3305-49DD-B53F-9E5F7E6FA655.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	216511

Quote Originally Posted by roetronxoay View Post
    It’s hard to capture the screen on mine, very glary so I don’t know if this would help
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9C3CEFA0-3305-49DD-B53F-9E5F7E6FA655.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	216511
    Thanks. I can tell that looks substantially better than what I had. Appreciate it.

come to the dark s(l)ide..... Carsten Wolff's Avatar

Late reply, apologies, from an innocent bystander: The elements look very far apart in that remount. - Have those elements merely been remounted via step-up rings to a Copal-0 or -1 sized shutter? 180/3.2 = 56mm, so, not even a Copal 3 (max opening 45mm) would preserve that aperture..... No idea what Fuji does with it originally, I've never been near a GX680, and my reasoning may be off. But: Overall height of the f/5.6 version of that lens is apparently 104mm, and for the f/3.2 version its 105mm respectively....So, if yours isn't in that ball park....There's your problem. It seems to me you had a both inept and fraudulent seller. Let us know how you got on with that saga.
    http://www.jeffbridges.com/perception.html "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right."

This is my first post to the site, I have been thinking of finding a inexpensive gx680 taking it apart use the front standard somehow attach to your 4x5 front standard and reassemble the electronics and buttons into a small box which also has the electronic remote shutter attach to it, that way we could use the lenses from the gx680 system, the 180m f/3.2 especially for portraits with 1/400 of a second is faster than copal 3.
    from what I have observed a lot of the photographer from this site seems they are electronics or electrical engineer, this should not be too difficult and it is a lot cheaper than Xenotar 150mm F2.8. just a thought.

One day if I have chance to get around of doing it I would post the whole Process, I really think this is the solution to bypass finding the right shutter for all those wonderful Fuji lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by John Liang View Post
    I really think this is the solution to bypass finding the right shutter for all those wonderful Fuji lenses.
    What would be wrong with using the shutter they are in? I know they are electronically controlled shutters but running those looks not that hard to me (ok, I'm an electronics engineer). And we would not have to rob working lenses of their shutters.

I have one of those lenses, but with a defective shutter. Maybe I'd have to buy one with a working shutter and see what can be done.
    Expert in non-working solutions.