PNW offers 1/2 lifetime of exploration....so you have huge amounts to pick from. Despite living here, I still like SW very much (my fave area). So, you can't go wrong with either....and I'm terrible with sales .

You can start with Canada as a destination....tons of things to see/visit. My last serious visit there was to Cortes Island, and it took 3 ferrys to get there (all good). But, I could easily spend a week + on Vancouver Island alone. Then you have all the pristine lakes, Jasper-Banff and several spots in between. And no, none of it resembles AK in any way. I can say that, since I worked there and visited on reg. basis...from Skagway to Homer.....even to Prudhoe.

There is an avalanche of things to do in Washington (just look at Austin's photos). Then there is OR Coast along with Columbia River and many many waterfalls, Crater Lake and it would be super convenient to dip to Calif - Redwoods Natl Pk area. Personally, prefer places with less footprints.

SW requires a book or more - it's special. I'd go to places like Joshua or DV, but it heats up (?) already in April....so that part I'd avoid. Some places like Bryce or Cedar Breaks may still have snow (over 8000' elevation). One of the spots could be good to check out is Great Basin Natl PK, probably since I never had a chance to see. Also, if you're in this area I'd keep an eye on North Rim and if/when it opens up....way nicer and more secluded than the South Rim. Yos, Sequoia and Kings Cyn are always nice, tho for me there are just too many tourists in the Valley.

Good luck and hope you find something special.

Les