Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day weekend shooting in the back yard

Labor Day weekend shooting in the back yard

BTW, what does CV stand for? I'm not up on every new and old term. I try to set a good example of behavior to other people to my grandchildren. I try not to call people names and use "bad" words. I simple meant that children such as a 9 year old learns by example. Ellen wrote the post and brought her child into it. I just wonder if she let's her 9 year old read them and see the language she uses. For that matter, do you?

for someone who was complaining about "What do these little rants have to do with Large Format Photography?", you seem to spend a lot of time ranting about things other than large format photography.

Ellen called you a nasty name. I wouldn't have agreed with the name she used when she made that post, but your behavior since certainly has convinced me she was right on the mark.

Steve,
    The 1957 FLH Hydra Glide was rare? That's what my bike was before chopping. Bummer, eh?

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

CV is short for Curriculum Vitae- an extended version of a resume.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

jj,

The FLH was the high compression model and rare. The FL was the low compression model and common. The only difference was the pistons and the cranckcase serial number designation (FLHXXXX vs FLXXXX). Maybe the FLH intake valve was 1/8" bigger, can't remember. Anyway, most of them ended up chopped but fortunately mine escaped.

Steve

Ansel Adams tell Dorthea Lang, in a letter, that he would travel the world and pphotograph when he was no longer facinated by the Moss growing on his side walk. I am sure it is not a direct quote but I always liked it.

If I did not have to drive this weekend I would not. Two cars have to go but only one is coming back. WooHoo cuttin the insurance bill, registration bill, and fuel bill in half with this trip.

I'll be in the backyard of where I am going though.

Wow JJ - you built that?! Wow! That is one heck of a 'scooter'!

And Steve, I can just see you on the Harley! Too cool I'm always telling my husband he should get one; He rented one in New Orleans on our wedding trip (we got married on a balcony on Bourbon St. so the current state of NOLA and the rest of the gulf that got kit with Katrina is particularly heart-breaking) and he really enjoyed it.

I'm not a motor bike rider myself but I am inspired to use the gas situation as an opportunity to resume my bike riding. Used to ride quite alot years ago but I got out of the habit.

Now as for my outburst... again, I have to apologize. Even to you, Mr. Peterson. I'm not usually prone to such behavior but I'm also human and very direct; Sugar coating is not a skill I have developed.

Have a good weekend everyone!

John, your idea is a good one. I never get on the highways during these long weekend holidays anyway. I prefer the path less traveled. Or not traveled at all. Always have.

Nice work of art JJ

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Ansel Adams tell Dorthea Lang, in a letter, that he would travel the world and pphotograph when he was no longer facinated by the Moss growing on his side walk. I am sure it is not a direct quote but I always liked it.
    Does anybody have an example of AA photographing moss on the sidewalk? He seems to messed about with just about everything, but I haven't seen one of sidewalk moss. One AA book I'd really like to see would be of his experimental photographs, including the most spectacular failures.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans

BTW, I prefer the term "rantletts", rather than the more common "little rants".

Ralph, welcome to New Mexico. I'll have to perhaps touch base with you when you get settled.

I've been a "lurker" here for a while, never posted.

Nice group of folks, good discussion.

Me, I'll be doing some LF pinhole work, probably around the house or neighborhood. Or break out the Speed Graphic - my only bona fide LF "camera".

Or, I can pack it all into the trunk box on the back of my Suzuki Intruder trike, and still get low 40's mileage.