Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED: 18 Photographers for the 2015 LF Folio Exchange. Read before signing up!

Re: WANTED: 18 Photographers for the 2015 LF Folio Exchange. Read before signing up

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becia View Post
    OK,

I thought I would post some of the information that should be included with your 20 prints. I always hope that this will be the best one yet of the five we have attempted. For members doing this again, this information is very similar to last years. Here is what I hope you will provide along with your images. I will also pm everyone this info so you have it readily available. Please sign your images on the front (if possible) but more importantly, please make sure your title is on the front.

Title
    Place where photo was taken.

A brief description about the taking and making of the photo. A small paragraph is nice, but if you get too "wordy," Don't worry, I will do some minor editing.

The some technical info.
    Camera
    Lens
    Film
    Exposure if you keep that info
    Processing info
    Printing info
    Paper/inks/toning etc. used

Then I need your name, address, phone number, email address, and any website address if you have one. Don't worry, this info only goes into the folio.

I think that covers it for now. I only need one copy of this info as I will incorporate it into the folio in a manner that works.

Please send everything to me at:
    Jim Becia
    1216 Green Valley Rd.
    Mt. Horeb, WI 535752

I hope everyone will be able to participate. Should you need to cancel, please let me know as soon as possible as I do have a few people on the wait list that can do it. After all the folios are put together, I will package them up and get them ready to ship. I will ship the least expensive way possible and then let you know the total including the $5 for the folio. The easiest way for payment is through paypal. Also please note, I do add the 3 to 5% for the paypal fees as I really can't afford to absorb that in this endeavor. If you have any questions, Please let me know. Oh, and lastly, please remember to package your prints up carefully and with adequate protection! Thanks everyone. Jim Becia
    Jim, is that an extra 5 in your zipcode?
    I hope to have mine in the mail to you in a day or two.
    Thad Gerheim

Re: WANTED: 18 Photographers for the 2015 LF Folio Exchange. Read before signing up

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Gerheim View Post
    Jim, is that an extra 5 in your zipcode?
    I hope to have mine in the mail to you in a day or two.
    Thad,

Thanks again for catching that. My zip code is 53572.

I'd love to get in on this one of these years. It's a pretty cool idea.
    I'm armed with a Wisner 4x5 Technical Field and a lot of hope. I got this. Oh, and my name's Andrew.

Prints done, flattened, spotted, titled and signed. Got box. Just gotta crank out info sheet and ready to roll. Any idea what the cost ought to be? I don't care and doubt many will. Round it up and I will include check, money order, cash, kruggerands, hides, et.

Thanks for all your good works!

R III

I tracked out to attempt to take "Full Moon Over Tiny Rat Rock" in the San Francisco area, but sadly, the Moon did not break through the cloud/fog/pollution well almost an hour it rose and to add insult to injury, I had processing error for the first time - I think I know what I did wrong, but it sucks.

The "good" news is that I just got a new-to-me Epson 7900 behemoth printer. I thought my last printer, the HP Z3100 was good, but the 7900 is completely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by richardman View Post
    I tracked out to attempt to take "Full Moon Over Tiny Rat Rock" in the San Francisco area, but sadly, the Moon did not break through the cloud/fog/pollution well almost an hour it rose and to add insult to injury, I had processing error for the first time - I think I know what I did wrong, but it sucks.

The "good" news is that I just got a new-to-me Epson 7900 behemoth printer. I thought my last printer, the HP Z3100 was good, but the 7900 is completely amazing.
    Sorry to hear that. The 7900 must be amazing. I have the 3880 and it blows me away.

Hi Jim,

Sorry to bother you again.

You state in the rules, 'Also, no mounted photos.'

I assume that means not mounted to matt board.

What about an 8x10 print taped to a piece of similar thickness paper 11x14?

Or do you want us to print the image with a 1" minimum border directly to 11X14 paper?

Thanks!
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Hi Jim,

Sorry to bother you again.

You state in the rules, 'Also, no mounted photos.'

I assume that means not mounted to matt board.

What about an 8x10 print taped to a piece of similar thickness paper 11x14?

Or do you want us to print the image with a 1" minimum border directly to 11X14 paper?

Thanks!
    Randy,

The piece of paper I receive needs to be 11x14 with the photo being within that piece of paper. I need to make sure there are no mounted photos as it starts to present problems with the thickness of the folio. Jim

Prints on their way to the US.

I expect that my prints will be in your hands on time. No issues other than normal darkroom disasters.

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.