Page 937 of 1718 FirstFirst ... 43783788792793593693793893994798710371437 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,370 of 17171

Thread: Large Format Landscapes

Re: Large Format Landscapes

Quote Originally Posted by djdister View Post
    Unfortunately some of us who are new to LFPF (but not to LF photography) do not know who the real people are behind the generic profile names, and many of those same people have blank profiles. So sometimes it is a bit hard to know who is rendering an opinion, good or bad.
    Then perhaps being new you should step back and listen and learn and find out who people are before being yourself rude and assuming. Or send a pleasant message, introduce yourself and ask for credentials if you need that. But it would be wise to first simply observe.

When I joined the forum I didn't make any posts for 6 months at all.

Now can we get back on topic?

The color version of this really intense image I wanted to capture, I did have to increase the saturation 20% at the scanning step because I wanted a "Velvia" look but only had 10 years expired Kodak Portra100T on hand.

8x10 450mm TONS of movements, 85b, circular polarizer and graduated ND f/45 @ 4 seconds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409542430.420466.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	120985

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Then perhaps being new you should step back and listen and learn and find out who people are before being yourself rude and assuming. Or send a pleasant message, introduce yourself and ask for credentials if you need that. But it would be wise to first simply observe.

When I joined the forum I didn't make any posts for 6 months at all.

Now can we get back on topic?

The color version of this really intense image I wanted to capture, I did have to increase the saturation 20% at the scanning step because I wanted a "Velvia" look but only had 10 years expired Kodak Portra100T on hand.

8x10 450mm TONS of movements, 85b, circular polarizer and graduated ND f/45 @ 4 seconds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409542430.420466.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	120985
    Wow, you went into attack mode pretty fast Stone. I was making a very simple observation without judgment. I've been on LFPF since October of last year, I show my real name in my profile, and I've posted medium format, 4x5, 5x7, and 8x10 images on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Next time, perhaps step in front of the palmettos. They are distracting at the bottom there but cropping them out removes the bottom trunks*. I like the colors in the sky but the greens are overly saturated in a digital way, if you know what I mean. Personally I would just accept the color as it is and not try to "enhance" it.

*or maybe clone stamp those suckers out of there?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

"Then perhaps being new you should step back and listen and learn and find out who people are before being yourself rude and assuming. Or send a pleasant message, introduce yourself and ask for credentials if you need that. But it would be wise to first simply observe."
    In this case, I think you have got this wrong way around.

To get back on topic:

With all due respect, the photo you posted seems to me to be a prime example of a scene that needs very little movements. A little front tilt and small f stop. Also a stronger subject would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Next time, perhaps step in front of the palmettos. They are distracting at the bottom there but cropping them out removes the bottom trunks*. I like the colors in the sky but the greens are overly saturated in a digital way, if you know what I mean. Personally I would just accept the color as it is and not try to "enhance" it.

*or maybe clone stamp those suckers out of there?
    Thanks, I agree they are distracting, while I was there I saw no way to get rid of them without losing the base of the tress as you mentioned.

See I was on a sort of hump, and it was the only raised area, if I stepped in front my camera wouldn't be high enough and it would end up with a different perspective I didn't like.

I'm in school now so eventually I'll learn how to "clone stamp" and can remove them.

I also agree the digital effect is too strong I'm going to buy some ANR glass and then re-scan it anyway so I'll work on fixing that when I re-scan without the newton rings hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sommer View Post
    "Then perhaps being new you should step back and listen and learn and find out who people are before being yourself rude and assuming. Or send a pleasant message, introduce yourself and ask for credentials if you need that. But it would be wise to first simply observe."
    In this case, I think you have got this wrong way around.

To get back on topic:

With all due respect, the photo you posted seems to me to be a prime example of a scene that needs very little movements. A little front tilt and small f stop. Also a stronger subject would be helpful.
    Thanks for the perspective, because there was layering and because I was trying to get the palm as out of frame as possible, I was using a lot of movement to add layering of out of focus areas as you get into the depth past he first layer of trees while keeping the upper far away treeline in focus, while I also wasn't plane to the line of tress and had to adjust for that as well.

Hopefully I'll learn how to deal with this subject matter much better in the future. Appreciate the criticism.

A High Country Morning

30-Aug-2014-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Zone VI 4x5, Fomapan 200, 25A filter, developed in HC110 dilution H

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado CJ View Post
    A High Country Morning

30-Aug-2014-1 by Colorado CJ, on Flickr

Zone VI 4x5, Fomapan 200, 25A filter, developed in HC110 dilution H
    Andrew,

Really nice!

One point: try to let the curves/contrast stuff at the least procedure in your pp chain, leaving one millimeter or two of curve at extremes untouched - uncle flickr will do it for us as well color space conversion (from anything to sRGB) stretching one step further the contrast of the pic,

I'm glad you're working hard and improving each day. My bet is your LF work has arrived at your digital work level with this pic.

Keep posting,

Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Nana Sousa Dias View Post
    I love the tones on this one!
    Thanks !

quick flatbed scan of a recent Fomapan 100 shot (Wista 8x10 and Nikkor SW 120)
    any comment is welcome