Quote Originally Posted by Richard M. Coda View Post
Thanks for all the replies so far... I know blurb... I've used them... but they want $108 per book (12x12 x 30 pages) That's out of the question.

And this is for 25 books only (very limited edition) and not for me... for a client who is very concerned about costs and doesn't want to deal with overseas.
Did you figure the volume discount with Blurb because with an order of 25 books you will likely get a decent discount.
I just ordered 21 books and the discount was about +/- 23%. I had a 25% coupon so I didn't use the volume discount, unfortunately they couldn't be combined.
I have made a few Blurb books for clients and their quality over the last little while has really increased.
Their new proline paper is really nice, pricey but nice.
One of the best things about Blurb is if your client decides that they need another 1 or 20 copies they are only a week or so away.
In the past I would set up a Blurb account in the clients name and once I had a proof copy & got paid, I would give them the password and they could order to their hearts content.
I have discovered that if I put them all under my own profile and just make them not visible to the general public I can retain control of any future profit, and the client has to call me which of course could lead to more work.