Hi guys (and gals),

I am currently using a Marchioni Tiltall 4602 for all of my 4x5 work. I am very happy with it, but I have a question about locking the camera (a Crown Graphic) onto the rubber platform pad when the pan/tilt head is turned over to the side for portrait orientation shots. I am using the original rubber(?, looks more like leather to me) pad, and although it's not curled away from the platform and is perfectly flat, when I pull the tabs on the Graflock back away from the camera body to insert a film holder, the camera tends to rotate on the axis on which the camera screws into the column base thread. If I am very careful, I can prevent it, but I have been frustrated multiple times (setting up the camera, composing the shot, fine focusing, and then BAM!: the camera rotates as I'm loading the film holder).

I am thinking I should replace the pad with a new rubber or cork pad from the Tiltall blog, in the hopes that it will provide a better grip between the camera and the platform. Outside of that, does anybody have any tips for preventing this annoyance. The current pad is somewhat slick/firm from age...

Thanks!