Hello everybody,

I searched through this forum and looked for a quite few opinions, what lens would be considered for 4x10. It was pretty confused by opinions, so I decided to open this question to get more detail information.

I will not be specific for certain lenses, because I would like to hear everybody's opinion and not have a discussion based what I would choose.

Let's start some of my opinions for a beginning. I do have some experience with panorama pictures from 35 mm cameras and as a next step to the future is to go large. Medium format would be only step to large anyway, so I am here. I had lens with 20, 28, 35 - 70 zoom, 50, 135, 75 - 300 mm, 1000mm. As you can see, it is quite a range from SW, W, Normal, Portrait and Long and X-Long lenses. Everyone can be used for panoramic, the angle of view, distance and perspective was only the consideration to choose lens to get picture you like.

I know what worked for 35mm format. I believe that 4x10 format is way too different from point of view perspective. Especially, you can do movements which may give it more options. I am looking for suggestions like:

What do you use for 4x10 most of your time and why?
What is your choice for lens as standard package, angle of view, the distance from scene you shoot movement’s options?
Any other thing I didn't even mentioned here?

Sincerely,
Peter Hruby