Hi all,

I have an Arca-Swiss C1 Cube, which I love to use. It's an amazingly accurate fine-tuned piece of equipment. In fact, I am ordering quick release plates for my medium format and 35mm cameras. I have one problem with it. When I'm using my Fuji PA-145 holder and pull out the white numbered piece of "paper", often times, no matter how careful I am the Cube moves along it's horizontal (side-to-side) axis. Sometimes it even does it pulling out a film holder. I have the tension on both axes as tight as the dial will allow. I use an old Sinar P2 (4x5) and a newer Linhof Master Technika 3000. And with the Sinar, I don't take the Cube past 15 degrees in any direction, because the camera set-up weighs between 16 and 18 pounds. I'm not sure what the load capacity of the C1 is, but I'm not going to test it and ruin such an expensive piece of equipment. With the Linhof, I feel comfortable using the Cube freely.

My questions:

1- Is there a technique to pulling out the film holders or pulling out the instant film that I am not aware of? I am very careful. I hold the film holder when pulling out the instant film and hold the camera back as I pull out the film holders.

2- Is there another geared head that has this kind of accuracy and ease of use that locks down so that it can't be moved?

3- What is the load capacity of the C1? Can I use the Sinar set-up I described through the whole range of movements of the C1?

Thanks,

David