Quote Originally Posted by stevebrot View Post
My experience is that the levels are consistent (precise), quick to register, and easy to read. As for accuracy...I checked all the bubble levels against my small "bullet" level and found all to be somewhat off (say half a degree one way or the other). This does not particularly surprise me given the degree of manufacturing precision that would be needed to mount the small bubble levels with greater accuracy. I would say that they work as well or better than the type commonly sold to mount on a camera's accessory shoe.

I would characterize the built-in bubble levels as being very useful and handy. If absolute accuracy for leveling is desired, a bullet level as part of your kit is probably a better solution.

Steve
If all the levels are off slightly compared to your "bullet" level, that would raise the question of whether your bullet level is accurate or not.

Have you checked that your level is accurate? Now, I'm not complaining here. I never use a level with a camera anyway, but I have worked for years in industries where things being level is very important and having 6 different readings means that none of them can be trusted.

Testing your level is a very simple procedure. On a solid level surface just swap it end for end. It should read level both ways. If not then throw it away or adjust it.