Quote Originally Posted by Ron Lee View Post
A new slip on focal plane gravity fed shutter is now ready for anyone who may be interested in one. Photos of the shutter and photos taken with the shutter on a LF camera can be seen at this link;

http://picasaweb.google.com/Kymtman/...Oim-srI1r_IQA#

If you are interested contact me at rtincher@prtcnet.org or rtincher@hotmail.com
These shutters really work from speeds 1/1000 down to 1/8. I have been using a couple of them for the last six months.
Let me know what you may think about this lightweight (4.4oz) unit.
Thanks in advance:
Ron,
unless you have moderator's permission, business self promoting threads are not allowed on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Lee View Post
The Thorton-Pickard that is for sale now is much more expensive and looks to out weight the Gatts/Tincher shutter many time over. I don't have to defend the Gatts/Tincher shutter, it has proven itself time and time again! Reich, do you mean the actual travel speed of the shutter? It falls at 32 feet per second, according to Newton.
As already mentioned, your shutter is not a focal plane shutter. The fact that you sell them as such on Ebay violate also the Ebay policy. You're misleading people with that description.
Also, Newton speaks about free fall. Your shutter is not falling with free fall. If you measured its speed electronically you would find out that you cannot guarantee its precise speed - it has none.