Hello All,

Hopefully you can help. I’m having problems building a color profile for my Epson 3800 using Bill Atkinson’s 1728 patch color target with my Eye-One Pro and MeasureTool, which is part of X-Rite’s ProfileMaker software. Here is my process: I print the color target (no color management) and then measure it using MeasureTool. The MeasureTool instrument configuration is as follows: under instrument, I have Eye-One Pro, reflection chosen and spectral checked on. Under test chart measurement, I have Bill Atkinson’s RGB 1728 Eye-One.txt and strip with gaps for mode. Once the color target is measured, I save the data in a subfolder inside Eye-One Match’s main folder. In Eye-One Match, I have the 1728 patch reference file named exactly the same as the original 918 patch reference file, which is TC9.18 RGB i1.txt. This is necessary to trick Eye-One software into seeing the 1728 patch file. In the Eye-One Match software, I choose the impostor (renamed) TC9.18 RGB i1.txt reference file for chart and then load the measured file, the one created in MeasureTool. Eye-One Match software then proceeds to build the profile, but gives me a warning that there were errors found. Upon testing the profile, color looks awful!

What am I doing wrong? Any input? Anybody?

I don’t have any technical problems building a color profile using the 918 patch chart and its corresponding reference file. But I was hoping to build a better profile using the 1728 patch chart.

My system: PowerPC G5 running OS X 10.5.7
Eye-One Match V3.6.2 software.