Whether your a Newbie or an Old Timer to LF, this is a great opportunity to participate in a unique print exchange. You'll receive beautiful prints and have your work published in the online LF Gallery. This will be the second exchange I will sponsor and the 2007 Print Exchange was very successful! The rules are posted below and do not vary from last year. Please respond with your request to participate so we can start filling the positions and start planning a print delivery time. Please post all questions here so everyone can share the info.

How this works:
For example a small exchange with 10 participants would contain two groups of 5 photographers each.

Group #1
Joe
Jim
Judy
Jeff
Justin

Group #2
Bob
Bill
Brenda
Ben
Beau

--

Joe, Jim, Judy, Jeff and Justin mail 4 prints according to the specs posted to the exchange facilitator (me). I then sort out these prints so they each group member receives one print from each member of their group. Bob, Bill, Brenda, Ben and Beau mail me 4 prints each according to the specs posted. I sort these prints out so they too receive one print from each member of their group. Everyone receives four prints, one print from each of their group members.

The groups may actually be in the neighborhood of 12-15 participants, but not too large so as not to burden us all financially.

Groups are chosen at random. The method I use is simply imputing each name in an Excel spreadsheet and then execute a macro for mixing up the data. Works wonderfully!

--

There is monetary cost involved.
  1. You will need to print the amount of prints necessary for your group.
  2. You will need to ship these prints to me (Florida USA)
  3. You will need to include a fee (PayPal or check) for the return shipping fees*.

*Shipping fees will be determined after the prints are ready to be shipped and you will be notified via a PM.

--

There will be US, Canadian, European, etc. mailings. Please note that I will not have an exact idea on shipping costs to the recipients until I have the list of addresses. This all takes a bit of time and the cooperation of participants to respond when asked to.

--

Print Specs
Created on a large format camera (2x3, 4x5, 5x7, 8x10", etc. film format)
Black & White or Color
Wet darkroom or digital prints
NO larger than 11x14" paper
NO smaller than 8x10" paper
Image area can be any size as long as it is on paper from 8x10" to 11x14"
NO Mats due to added shipping weight
NO Mounted prints due to added shipping weight
Include an info sheet for each photo on your tech specs, location, etc.
Filters/Digital Manipulation OK
2008 creation date desired, but not necessary

--

In the past a few folks shipped additional shipping materials along with their prints for the return prints shipment. If you care to do this, that is fine, but I will not recycle the outside envelope. I will recycle the cardboard if it arrives in good shape. I will not supply cardboard or shipping materials for free. To anyone that is in need of shipping materials, I can offer for an additional US $4.00 the following return shipping packet or similar.

Attachment 21316

I have a mail order business and purchase these materials in bulk. It would include a heavy cardboard mailer, two archival backing boards and an archival bag that you can safely store the prints in for years to come. You are under no obligation to do this, and I am not making any money off of this, I am offering this as it may make some of this a little easier. It was incredibly easier on me in the last exchange to use my materials, so please consider this. It may actually save you postage if you do not mail shipping materials to me with your prints.

These instructions will get refined as time moves on.

If you are going to participate, post your name here and I will respond with acknowledgment and the lists begin to grow. As soon as the lists are completed, I will publish them along with shipping info. I, like most of you, work for a living. I will respond at least twice during the day looking for messages. I am opened to suggestions, but I think we can get this going if you are serious like last year. You will need to get going with your image selection, printing and mailing of prints. Don't be one of the ones that missed out last time because you procrastinated!!

Get moving people ...
Darr

PS: I do this for the prints -- I'm a print junkie -- they look so lovely and sometimes kind photo-togs include an extra print for me -- ***Not Required*** but definitely appreciated!