I just purchased a 162mm Wollensak Raptar on Ebay. The lens was described as " never used." Indeed it was as if it just left the factory. Not a mark on it, a nd with the original caps!! The front element was perfect, coating and all. Th e shutter works fine at all speeds, although I have not had it tested. I then r emoved the rear lens quard, and my heart almost stoped. I saw what looks like th e residue of water spots. When you let the light hit it right it almost looks l ike a miror. Semi circular, multiple locations, and worst of all, right in the center. It dos not resemble the spider patterns described as fungus, but as I h ave never seen either seperation or fungus before, I can not identify. I have u ploaded a scan of the lens, and you can see the fault, but the scan does not sho w it very well. If you look closely you can see what I am talking about.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=528697&size=lg

(1) Is it fungus, or seperation? (2) I just received the lens today, so I could contact the seller and see if I c ould return it. No return mentioned in the ebay listing. (3) If no return, would it be worth sending to some one like S.K. Grimes for a c leaning?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan