Here's my recommendation for a four lens set of ultralight lenses than cover 8x10 with room for movement:

159mm f12.5 Wollensak Extreme Wide Angle - Post WWII, coated sample in Rapax shutter

210mm f9 Computar - Coated in Copal No. 1 shutter, gobs of coverage on 8x10. For a little less coverage, but still plenty for most applications, try its cousin the 210mm f9 Graphic-Kowa

300mm f8.5 Fujinon C - Multicoated in Copal No. 1 shutter

450mm f12.5 Fujinon C - ditto, and you'll never run out of coverage on 8x10 with this lens

These are all shutter mounted lenses that weigh between 8 and 10 oz. each (or a little over 2 lbs. for the four lens kit). They all cover 8x10 with room for movement (the 159mm f12.5 has the smallest image circle, but still allows a fair amount of movement on 8x10).

Of course, there are several other excellent compact lenses than cover 8x10 (various Dagors and wide angle Dagors, Angulons, G Clarons, Fujinon A series, etc.) but this is a nice focal length spread for landscape photography. It includes and ultrawide, a wide, a normal and a long lens.

If you favor really tiny ultrawide lenses the Series V Protar and it's derivatives are downright diminutive and cover up to 110 degrees when stopped down to f32 or smaller. There was a 141mm (or 14cm) focal length that was originally made for the Whole Plate format, but it covers 8x10 stopped down. Unfortunately, I've never seen a coated sample in this focal length. Probably because the Whole Plate format went out of style (or shall I say went dormant as there has been a recent revitalization) before lens coatings were developed. The Rodenstock f12 Weitwinkel Perigon is a derivative of the Series V Protar and was made in the late 1950s and is single coated. I have a 130mm sample that is a direct fit in a Copal or Compur No. 0 shutter. In a late model Compur 0 it barely weighs 100g (about 130g in a Copal No. 0). It covers 8x10 with room to spare (although illumination fall-off starts to be an issue if you use too much front rise). I don't know if I've ever seen a smaller lens that covers 8x10.

Oops, I just saw Don Hutton previously recommended almost the exact same set of lenses (great minds and all that, Don). The only difference is he recommended the 158mm f6.5 Cooke Series VIIb as an ultrawide. I went with the 159mm f12.5 Wollensak instead as it's much more common, affordable and usually comes in a shutter. The Series VIIb was originally sold in barrel and was not a direct fit in any standard shutter. On rare occasion, one shows up mounted in a shutter, but it's a re-mount job. Of course, shutters were a huge part of Wollensak's business. So, it makes sense that most of their general purpose taking lenses after WWII were sold mounted in shutters.

Kerry Thalmann
Really Big Cameras
http://reallybigcameras.com