I have an Ebony SW45, and have just been practising some more extreme focusing in the kitchen (!) to while away a grey morning, and using movements I haven't really used before.
I was using the front swing movement along a line of kitchen cupboards, happily getting everything in focus using the loupe, took my eye off the glass and tightened the swing locking lever, went back to check and the shot was out of focus!
This kept happening, and eventually I've cottoned on to the fact that tightening the swing locking lever resulted in the top of the lens board tilting back a few milimetres. Probably more accurate would be to say that loosing the swing locking lever results in the top (the metal frame that holds the front of the bellows and lens board) tilting forward a few milimetres at the top. It's enough to throw focus out on on subjects three or four feet away with the lens fully open.
Is this normal, or is there a screw I should tighten or loosen off somewhere, that will stop this happening?
It can of course be corrected by compensating with a tilt adjustment.
Whether the movement is sufficient to actually make any difference to the end result once the lens is stopped down I don't know ... I suppose it could in a macro 1:1 shot.
Regardless it's a great camera!
Thanks for any advice on this.