Quote Originally Posted by Richard K. View Post
An addendum....
It occurs to me that perhaps most of us passionate supporters of film are perhaps older rather than younger and that maybe film's demise may be concurrent with ours. There just doesn't seem to be the same passionate support in the younger generation. Why, I bet that there's people under 25 who have never experienced the brilliance and eye-popping impact of a 35mm slide show (not to mention the occasionally attendant terminal boredom!). . . . . .
Hello Richard,

There is a Classic Camera group very active on MySpace that is mostly under 35. If you know where to look, there are many younger people who enjoy using film. In southern California, I see more baby boomers with D-SLRs, because these are the people who can afford those. Younger individuals might own a camera phone, but they will rarely have the spare cash for a D-SLR. Younger people are discovering the great deals on "old school" cameras and film.

It seems all too easy for older people to dismiss those younger than them. It might be too convenient to place the problems upon those younger than you. However, those that do not make the simple assumptions might find some surprises. We are at least a generation away from those who might not understand film, if that ever really does happen.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio