Probably last year, I asked about glues that would stick to the slick plastic blackout sheeting (white on one side, black on the other) that I use to black out my windows. Various helpful answers were offered. I've discovered another adhesive which I'll add for whomever may find it useful.

Just to note, my window solution uses easy-to-install and -remove, stiff foam insulating board about 1.5 inches (3.8 cm) thick. Wishing to save money at the time, I did not buy the kind with Mylar on one side, and despite spray painting the outer surface of the light-green stuff, it was hardly light-proof. So, I spray-glued the plastic sheeting on, white side facing the the room.

I had cut the board to be a bit smaller than the window opening, allowing the sheeting to overlap the edge by a couple of inches. I glued gray foam insulation (Frost King, 1-inch-thick strips cut from the 4-ft "cubic" lengths made for windows when room air-conditioners are used) to the edges of the insulation. The foam compresses to make a good seal, and it works well and easily. It's an old house with original windows, and I need to remove the panels when not in use in the winter especially, or condensation freezes and melts on the window panes.

After a year or so, the sheeting began peeling back in places from the insulation edges. Despite the sheeting overlap, light leaked. Various glues stuck to the porous foam but not the sheeting, at least, not for long.

I found a kind of caulk called Lexel, made by Sashco. It advertises "It sticks to almost anything, including itself." So far, it's doing a fine job of solving my problem.