Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
sounds like a blast ! do you have someone going with you to run interference and hand out your business card to excited Lookie Lous ?
Calling cards to your IG feed or website might generate sales and pay for your film and travel
I'm travelling alone actually. And as I don't have a IG feed nor a website, this trip will be paid by the salary I receive from my current job (sales representative in a grain handling equipment manufacturer).

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
The first and last time I was in NYC, Manhattan near Penn Station, the sidewalks (etc) were so crowded that even handheld photography was challenging. I can't imagine trying to set up a tripod.
As I'll be walking around Penn Station and the Empire state building, I might go with a 35mm then...

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
maybe the OP has a Press Camera, one of those Bostick and Sullivan Hobo's, a home-made hyper-focal rig, a Lippmann / Alpenhaus / Razzle Polaroid-conversion, box camera, magazine/falling plate (like a cyclone #5) or Graflex SLR, can just use a monopod to point and shoot.
Actually I have a Meridian 45B (aka the "American Technika"). And I'm more comfortable using a tripod than going handheld.

I'm one of those guy who take hours before taking the picture...