Can anyone elaborate on the nuances of mounting enlarger and process lenses into standard shutter bodies like Copal and Compur?

I have a Schneider G-Claron 270mm WA, f6.3, which threaded into a Copal 3 body without issues.

In the enlarger lens body of my G-Claron, the distance from back to front lens elements is 88.73mm. When mounted in Copal 3 body, it measures 88.67mm, so the lens spacing between front and back elements is the same in both cases effectively.

Not sure if this is a coincidence or if lens bodies are designed with this in kind of thing in mind. The great thing about this lens is that it covers 11x14 at infinity without any issues when stopped down, as seen with a loupe through the ground glass.

I see that some LF lenses, like my Schneider Symmar S 300, have shims to control the front-back lens spacing. So this spacing is probably a critical and a controlled dimension.

My question is, does the shimming/lens-spacing in the enlarger mode still apply to the focus-to-infinity/camera mode? The light cone angles are quite different in both cases, so I'm suspecing the spacing in the enlarger mode is only applicable for enlarging purposes.

Same question applies to Apo-Ronar lenses, of which I have quite a few. But these are probably better off mounted in a Packard type shutter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G-Claron 270mm enlarger lens.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	247258 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	G-Claron 270mm in Copal 3.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	247259