Quote Originally Posted by Robert A. Zeichner
I've spoken with Mr. Spivak on a few occassions and have sensed that he is a pretty busy person, but I can't say he was ever rude or discourteous to me. I have to believe the upcoming show in SF is only adding to the demand on his time. So far, David has done everything he has committed to do for me and while it is too soon to guage the effectiveness of exposure in Focus, judging from the comments and feedback I've had so far, it's not going to hurt. Magazines that are dedicated to promoting and fostering appreciation for what we do are too valuable a resource to shun.
Not only am I organizing 8 issues this year, I am also responsible for at least 15 photographers and almost 100 framed prints plus over 300 matted prints for Photo San Francisco. We have the biggest booth there (tied with Vintage Works I believe). The entire expense for Photo San Francisco, after all is said and done will be well over $20,000. This is so that I can provide photographers with a way to meet directly with the collector one to one and have a venue to sell their works in one of the biggest places to sell art in the world. Mind you, with the exception of editorial, I control every other aspect of the magazine.